Plenty of deer but no hogs :(

Hard_ware

Here piggy piggy! Deep Deep S. TX.
Drove down to Anna TX to meet up with Chase,met thru craigslist. Drove around scanning fields (several 1000 acres) with thermal camera mounted to roof. Spotted some deer and yotes, but no hogs. The far off ones I used my thermal scope to id but were deer. Several fields were cut corn just no hogs. We parked and walked some areas that had low spots you couldn't see from the roads, but no luck. Had a good time, It's not the first time I've been out looking for hogs an didn't find them. He was kinda bummed we didn't see any. I wasn't looking to shoot pigs in a fenced area that's why I contacted him. I like to get rid of hogs farmers or ranchers are having problems with, not a pay by the lb hunt or limit 1 hog. People that really want them gone don't set limits, they want them dead.
It sure beat sitting around in Norman OK waiting for training to continue on Monday morning.
Still have one more weekend to go before I can head home and see the family & start of dove season as well.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Getting out in the field beats staying at home fixin' chit. LOL Good on ya for scouting at least. M'be next time the hog blood flows.

gshock

Banned Member!
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Always a next time .. till then keep hunting!

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nothing makes up for not seeing your quarry, but at least you saw plenty of deer. I have had a few nights, recently, here in north Texas where I saw more skunks than deer, and still no hogs. The deer at my place seem to be most active (in front of the cams and at feeders) around dawn.

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I hate when those deer eat all my hog corn!

TomH FW

LSB Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I have still not figured out where my hogs have gone! Nothing on either cam in 2 months. Lots of deer, coons, and an occasional 'yote, but not one hog. Whoever has them can bring them back now!;)

Hard_ware

Here piggy piggy! Deep Deep S. TX.
I am heading out to Range Creek Ranch in Vera Tx for some night hunting this Saturday night.
Spoke to manager and was told hogs have been hitting some of the milo fields and water holes.
I need to buy a large ice chest in case I get some hogs,the back straps are quick to remove and are good eats as well.