Pistol Scope

Hogdaddy

St. Petersburg, Florida
Building a TC 6.8, next step is optics. This will be a hog gun for stand hunting. Digisight rifle will be for dark work but TC will be backup when its light enough to use a regular scope. (Satisfied with Digisight but prefer color television).

Use to like Leopold but fell out of favor because of previous purchase. Sent it back and bought a Nikon. Don't want EOtech type, just low magnification. I have an old Stevens that I really like but am open to suggestions. Like to keep it below $300.

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I am looking for a pistol scope as well. I have 2 rossi lever actions and need scopes for both of them

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I was looking at those. Always wondered if they will hold up to my 454 casull

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
so cheap easy to try, I have one here unmounted

Hogdaddy

St. Petersburg, Florida
Dang! How could anything that cheap be any good? o_O

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Have no idea but sure is a low cost for you to find out

Hogdaddy

St. Petersburg, Florida
HaHa! point well taken. Better than spending $300 for a Leupold and then finding out it was made in China...

I just ordered one. Thanks, will let you know what happens, if it works on a 7.62x54R it should work on a puny little 6.8 ;)

Last edited:

BigRedDog

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I am looking forward to the report

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I can't wait to see how it does. I just ordered one I'll try on my 357 lever action

Capt Rick Hiott

The HAM SLAMMA!
I bought a Bushnell Elite 2x6x32 for my S&W 460. Very nice!

I liked it so much that I bought another one for my .454

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I was looking at the 460 not to long ago. Was thinking I may need to add one to the collection. How do you like it?

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I have a spare in the box in the closet if you break that one...lol

Capt Rick Hiott

The HAM SLAMMA!
So far its doing what it can with Hornady ammo. I can group a 8" circle at 100 yards. I need to start reloading, but I don't want a new hobby.
Im looking for other ammo to shoot out of it, but its hard to find and the price is up there when you can find it. I feel that if I shoot it more and find the ammo it likes I can tighten up the groups.

I also have a Taurus Raging Bull .454 that I can group inside a 6" circle at 100 yards. I have found out that it likes the Magtech ammo the best.

Hog Daddy,,,,you should buy the one from Frank if he will sell it.

marineimaging

LSB Member
I used to be the Machine Shop foreman for Burris in Greeley, CO back in the mid 80's. I understand that they have moved to the Philippines or China or both. I used to like their pistol scopes.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
yeah I will and cheap!

Hogdaddy

St. Petersburg, Florida

Attachments

• AIM.jpg
    AIM.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 4

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I have an old Leopold M8 on my 375 jdj contender and an old Burris on the 35 Remington barrel. Both work great.