LoneStarBoars Supporter
That was dinner right there!

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Choot him! CHOOT!!!!! LMAO
I already had to kill the one before that because she bolted when the IR illuminators came on. I wanted them to kill some :)

BigRedDog

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Are these the IR illuminators in the 850 nm range that everyone tells me the hogs cannot see?

( I believe they can)

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
They reacted to the one on the digital scope that's all I know. I have good video of them alerting when it comes on. They see the red glow from the source not the beam Im sure that glow was more pronounced with the super dark conditions.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
That is crazy, I know the older hogs will alert w my kill lights but had no idea they would with IR. Maybe they can see something in that spectrum we cannot?

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
That is crazy, I know the older hogs will alert w my kill lights but had no idea they would with IR. Maybe they can see something in that spectrum we cannot?

I do not think so Frank they reacted just like they do to visible light. You have to remember the hogs here have been hunted by me using night vision for a few years now. They know that red glowing eye is death upon them. Even I can see the red glow from game cameras at night the illuminators are much brighter than those.