Photography help?

WhoCares

LSB Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I hunt exclusively by myself and usually at night. How are you guys getting such nice still photos? I am using my iPhone 7, I have a mount that holds the phone on a tripod, I use the 10 second photo delay which gives me time to get in the photo but the pictures are always very dark even with the flash, or if I try and light the area up with a flashlight it totally washes out the photo. I don't need professional photos nor do I want to spend all night setting up a photo shoot. What to do?

IMG_1422_zpsufegigcu.jpg
IMG_1420_zpslwhydoaj.jpg

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Well, for one, have the camera shooting at the same direction as your headlights are, and you won't be fighting their light emission with your camera feature.

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Do you set the camera's light meter in the photo before you take the picture? If not, or you don't know how, first compose the picture the way you want. Then, find the area in the photo that you want highlighted and tap the screen on it. It should put a box around that area. The camera has now metered the light requirement and set the flash to compensate. Now trigger the shutter and you should have a much better picture. Remember, the flash on these phones has a very limited range so don't try to get very far from the camera. And like RD said never back light the subject without some expensive equipment.