Peanut Butter

Swine Slayers

LSB Member
I've used peanut butter before with no results. I put some out sunday and came back Wednesday to check trail camera and this is what the hogs did to it... I can see them on trail camera with there face on the tree. I redid the same spot and also a spot about 5 - 6 foot up the tree to make sure it wasn't other critters. I rechecked it this morning and the bottom had been eatin off again and the spot above wasn't touched. Looks like I've got a new lure in my arsenal.

p.jpg

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I use PB all the time along with that sticky catfish smelly bait, seems they like it. I also use the $ store grape and strawberry jelly squirted on things, they really love that.

Swine Slayers

LSB Member
I have trail pics from a distance... I will re arrange trail cam so it is closer and get better pics..

Aspp

Central California
SUS VENATOR CLUB
More info please Lawman! sounds like a story there.
When we could poison yotes we used to mix 10lbs of out of date hamburger with a regular sized jar of PB and about 1oz of strychnine. Roll into 1/4-1/2lbs balls and toss under cow pies to keep the birds from eating them. Worked great! Killed a few hogs too, but back then we had so many it was not an issue. Now the only population control I can do is me shooting them and distemper.

Aspp

Central California
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Seriously, coyote lure and bait cost about 18.00 for 4 oz. If peanut butter will work it is much cheaper.
All it takes is for them to try it once. As soon as they learn what it is its game on. Same for hogs.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
PB... the out of doors' perfect food ! I'll eat more PB on a camping/hunting trip that the rest of the year combined.