painful to watch

D

djones

got the upgraded zeus back and sighted it in with a new batch of reloads. then took a little time to play with some of the features... but not too long as i was anxious to get it on some hogs.

i thought i had a good first shot at the time, but replay shows the hog turning away right when i fired. either way, when it didn't drop i just figured it was one of those unexplained things... like running off with your brains blown out. gun jammed on the second shot, and i chalked it up to reloads. veeeery disappointing!!!

on to the next herd. of course a big hog blocked my approach to the herd as is so often the case. flanking one direction would have put the pivot in play and the other direction... well it was just too far. i decided to take out the bird in the hand.

i know my shooting ability ain't nothing to write home about, but this was down right embarrassing. i went straight back to my sight in spot and rechecked the zero. somehow when i was playing around with the features after sight in, i reset the reticle back to 0,0. looking at the vid you can see all shots were high and right. i should have just gone home, but i punished myself by hunting till sunup without seeing another hog.

Jake

Bandera, Texas
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Dang it! Painful to watch I bet so!, especially after you figured out what the problem was. You'll get em next time. I feel ya, I would have hunted till sunup too.

dax2323

Boerne TX
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
That was painful.... I've got a video I took on a brand new AR10. Sighted it in and took it out. First shot was perfect sight picture... Watched it frame by frame. Second shot was on his nose at 70yds. Both missed. Next day figured out that barrel nut was on so tight that it had destroyed threads and barrel was loose. Waiting on new barrel and upper from dealer.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
That'll shatter a feller's confidence in his gear/ability if he allows it. Man, I feels fer yaz there.

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Looked like a dandy hog too?? By the looks of things you have plenty more to go after!!! Nice video anywhos!! BANG BANG!!

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
That second one was ....it just hurt...I feel your pain, I think all of us have messed up a sight in at one time or another.

ZenArchery

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Dab Nabbit Technology...
You looked spot on. Your scope just disagreed with you...
Get em next time...

gshock

Banned Member!
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
It's alright ... next time! Tactical gear can get frustrating at times

rrv333

LSB Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Glad you were able to identify the problem and get it solved.

theblakester

Got a black belt in keeping it real.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Rats! At least u were able to fix the zero for next time out

D

djones

when i miss i'm usually close enough to see where i hit. in that case, i was so far off i never noticed where the misses landed. i kept looking ahead of the hog trying to figure out where to aim the next shot. i tried a little of everything and then it turned into panic fire. good thing he wasn't charging!!

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
That's got to hurt. Now you have to back to the bench to reload some more. You also scared the carp out of that skunk.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
That's got to hurt. Now you have to back to the bench to reload some more. You also scared the carp out of that skunk.
HOPEFULLY... "crap" was the ONLY things scared OUT of that skunk.