Pack of Yotes

erForman

Greenwood, TX
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I think this must be the most coyotes I've ever spotted at one time. They were a long ways off cause my poor shooting barely got their attention.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
It's eery to hear them rally up together for a hunt while off in the woods, out of sight. More targets there, keep on 'em!

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Good lord, I've never even heard of a pack that big.

gshock

Banned Member!
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good pack of dogs! Always another round!

neorubio

LSB Active Member
Long shots are difficult and much more at night with thermals, where we can't really tell distance. And at yotes...almost impossible, nothing to do with your 'poor shooting' (as you said). It was worth trying though ;)

der Teufel

Livin' the Dream …
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Very interesting. That was a bunch indeed! I'm guessing (really a guess) that it was a male/female pair with half a dozen young 'uns. It appeared that two of them were larger than the rest.

The other night I saw four coyotes at one time, but it was really two distinct pairs. They weren't working together. Thanks for sharing the video.

erForman

Greenwood, TX
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
How far would you estimate they were from you and what bullet are you shooting?
I shoot a 6.8. I went back during the daytime and ranged them at 235 yds. Haven't hit anything using the thermal over 170. Should've been doable though!

erForman

Greenwood, TX
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Very interesting. That was a bunch indeed! I'm guessing (really a guess) that it was a male/female pair with half a dozen young 'uns. It appeared that two of them were larger than the rest.

The other night I saw four coyotes at one time, but it was really two distinct pairs. They weren't working together. Thanks for sharing the video.
I think it was two pair and five pups.