Optics Planet Has a Gem On Sale

Discussion in 'Optics' started by Ratdog68, Jul 4, 2018.

1. Ratdog68

Ratdog68 LSB Official Story Teller LoneStarBoars Supporter

Vortex Viper PST Gen II 3-15x44 FFP (MOA) ordered up this morning. This is an MSRP $1300 scope which I've been watching at $999. At $879.99 (Free Shipping), I couldn't pass it up. This'll be residing on my Rem 700 .30-06 which will be headed with me to SE Montana in October. Will bring along the 6.8 as well. Hopin' to fill some tags, and m'be kill me a 'yote as well.

https://www.opticsplanet.com/vortex-...ope-black.html

Chopperdrvr and FrankT like this.
  2. bar-d

bar-d LSB Member

Good luck on your trip RD.

Ratdog68 likes this.
  3. Ratdog68

Thanks, been trying to get the planets to align for this hunt for more than a decade.

4. der Teufel

der Teufel Livin' the Dream … SUS VENATOR CLUB

And waddya know, the Optics Planet finally aligned, eh?

Ratdog68 likes this.
  5. theblakester

theblakester Got a black belt in keeping it real. LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY SUS VENATOR CLUB LoneStarBoars Supporter

Enjoy the new tool!! Congrats!!

Ratdog68 likes this.
  6. Ratdog68

Got the additional 10% off (July 4th Special) as well as the free shipping. My scope just arrived, a couple of bits/bobbles for it should arrive later this afternoon. I have my EGW pic-rail to go onto my Rem 700, need to take it with me to Cabela's to pick out the rings I want.

I've already done the Kwik Klip conversion for my ADL to become a removable mag fed, and have it all mounted up in a BDL stock. Kwik Klip has FINALLY released a conversion for the short action as well. I have one to mount up for my Rem 700 in .22-250 now as well.

Also got a nice deal on a PRIMOS Jim Shockey Gen III Trigger Stick tripod, for $119 (from Cabela's).

For this hunt, I'm thinkin' some Nosler BT 125 gr. for a fairly flat shooting .30-06 with 3100fps muzzle velocity and less than 20" of drop at 400 with a 200 yd. zero. We'll see how they shoot from this gun. I have a sister to this gun done up the same, but, with a synthetic stock (a gun I'd bought for my late father).

Binos for the trip are some Vortex Viper HD 10x50, and added a Vortex 1300 Range Finder. Found great deals for those two as well from Optics Planet.

theblakester likes this.