Opitmal hog hunting weather conditions

scrmblr1982cj8

LSB Active Member
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
At last, I know what I've been doing wrong. I've not hunting during the correct weather conditions!

The good folks at Quality Whitetails published an article in the most recent edition about hog hunting. They were even kind enough to tell us when the weather is perfect for hogs.

It won't get into the 60's here for another 3 months or so, so I guest my drought will continue...

IMG_7351.JPG

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I just use a hunting rock to determine whether or not I should be hunting. It is suspended from a string out on my patio.

If the rock is wet, I should hunt.
If the rock is dry, I should hunt.
If the rock is cold, I should hunt.
If the rock is warm, I should hunt.
If the rock is still, I should hunt.
If the rock is swinging, I should hunt.
If the rock has ice or snow on it, I probably don't know because I have already gone hunting.

If the rock is gone, then the hogs have figured out my secret.

Based on my experience, my hunting rock works just as good as solunar, moon phases (full, none, etc.), ahead of storms, behind storms, in the spring, in the fall, before the acorns drop, and after.

As near as I can tell, hogs are always on the move somewhere. The issue isn't whether or not the hogs are moving, but if I am where the hogs are when they do.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
By that advise you may get two days to hunt in Texas lol.

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I've found that if my hunting rock is horizontal to the attachment point, I don't hunt. It's probably a hurricane and I need to take cover.

slim_shady

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I love this "Hunting Rock " idea. Do you know where I can buy one ?

I got one that has worked really well. Its accurate at least 99% of the time. I wouldn't take less then $1000 for it.

Jhop

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
"Silly old bear" don't you know pigs can't read. They move whenever they are hungry.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I never knew that must be a new thing cause our hogs have not read that article...In FL I am not sure we ever get into their window of that "perfect time"

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Could it be... those conditions may be most favorable to the researchers... therefore they saw more hogs when venturing out to be in comfort?

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Could it be... those conditions may be most favorable to the researchers... therefore they saw more hogs when venturing out to be in comfort?

No just that is when the researchers were out...they cannot hang with the hog hunters on this site!

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
No just that is when the researchers were out...they cannot hang with the hog hunters on this site!
That's more or less what I was suggesting. LOL