Opening weekend dove season 2015 suppressed.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Silencer Shop sent me the Silencerco Salvo 12 for opening weekend of Texas Dove season. We had an awesome hunt limiting out within 30 minutes usually.

The suppressor is light for its size, but you will notice it on the end of your barrel. Saying that it does not take long for you to forget the weight and it did not effect shooting negatively. I used it on two different shotguns both semi autos one with the traditional hunting 26" barrel and bead front sight, and a tactical style shotgun with 18.5" barrel and raised ghost ring sights. I was able to take birds with both shotguns still preferred the 26" barrel for hunting. The salvo seemed to add some effective range to the 18.5" shotgun and it was great for the birds coming into the decoys but felt the pattern was a little spread out for the high flyers. For patterns I was told to go one size choke tighter than normal so a modified choke was used.

As most know dove season is more of a social gathering than anything. On the first mornings hunt everyone spreads out to get their limits but it does not take long for hunters to gather on someones tailgate and this is where I found the suppressed shotgun to shine it was not unpleasant at all to have someone shooting it next to you as you told old hunting and fishing stories, I will definitely be adding one to my kit soon!

Here is a short video from the weekend.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
How was the balance for you with all that weight forward? Did not seem to affect your shooting. really like the drone footage!

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
How was the balance for you with all that weight forward? Did not seem to affect your shooting. really like the drone footage!
You could feel it out there but it did not effect swinging on the targets I will get one after using it.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Is there a smaller lighter one as effective? and can you get 1 for a 20 and 12ga or are they gauge specific?

Jeremy M.

Administrator
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Is there a smaller lighter one as effective? and can you get 1 for a 20 and 12ga or are they gauge specific?
There is only a 12 gauge. It comes in the 12" model but you can make it 10", 8", or 6". Of course that will change the sound but also make it lighter.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Thanks Jeremy

Arnold Galvan

Mckinney, Texas
Very nice TLM. I was wondering how that would work with 7 1/2 or 8 shot 12 guage rounds. Looks like fun