one down last night

Jake

Bandera, Texas
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I took my brothernlaw Max who rarely gets to hunt on a walk about last night. I knew we would see some pigs because my pig pipe and roll barrel have made crop circles on the property in the last week. Lots of trail cam pics. After striking out on the first two areas we headed for the third and never made it. I spotted this group of about 6 pigs lounging in a mesquite flat. We had rehearsed a shooting plan but that kinda went out the window when I unnecessarily rushed him a bit cause I thought they were high tailing it. Max had first shot. He said he was steady and felt good but must have flinched. He went for a head shot on the hog my reticle was on. I was kneeling and he was on the trigger stick to my right. Max pulled low because if you watch closely you can see his bullet flash in the infrared beam and go right under the pig's jaw. This group had been shot at last year when they were a lot smaller so they went 0-60 in a blink. I was lucky enough to get in front of this 90lb spotted young boar just before he ran behind the tree. The 110 Barnes tac-tx passed completely through both shoulders and anchored him. Max had a ball and is hooked anyway, he's ready to practice shooting at night before we go again.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
One's "more gooder" than none. Nice work.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
What scope are you using? Good shot on spotty!

Jake

Bandera, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
What scope are you using? Good shot on spotty!

Thanks Frank, its a Sightmark Photon XT. Max was using my 5.56 with Aimpoint in front of a digital NV monocular that I rigged up...works suprisingly well inside 100 yds. Just about have enough pennies saved up for thermal!

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Hey as long as it works...I used a green/red light for 30 years!

gshock

Banned Member!
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Thanks Frank, its a Sightmark Photon XT. Max was using my 5.56 with Aimpoint in front of a digital NV monocular that I rigged up...works suprisingly well inside 100 yds. Just about have enough pennies saved up for thermal!

Once you go thermal ... it's love at first shot :D

Good video and nice hog.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
If I can get one in the new home loan is the only way I can have one...LOL

Lancer

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good job on getting your BIL out there and on the hog!

Homebrewer

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nice shot on the spotted boar. When you get your thermal, you can upgrade your BIL to the photon!

Jake

Bandera, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Thanks but probably more lucky than good. Yep I can't wait, the photon will be a great upgrade and make things a little easier for him.

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Jake great shooting. What's even better is to hunt with a friend or family. The way cool thing he is hooked.

theblakester

Got a black belt in keeping it real.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
pretty sure i did the same thing to my brother in law a couple years ago! but at least yall got a pig down and another hooked hunter