OKAY .... OKAY ... I'll give it a try, 6.8 on the way

dax2323

Boerne TX
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
After all the 6.8 sweet talk on the boards I'm gonna give it a try. Ordered a 16" stag barrel and bolt, with LE discount it was less than $200 and I've got everything else in the parts drawer. Got 500 rnds of 120 sst on gun broker for $395. Last it was dies and mags from midway usa. Be up and running by time new thermals get here. First thing will be that barrel in the lathe and then a new suppressor tube will be in it next.

hdfireman

Blackstone Arms
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Congrats and I think you will be happy with the 6.8!! My opinion it's the best hunting caliber available for the AR-15 platform.

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
You will like it very much! Congrats

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Congrats on the upgrade, they're sweet.

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Naw, to be a true mall-ninja... .300WTF

LOL Rat I had typed that but just could not hit post it was just way over the top!

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter

fanninland

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Welcome to the 68 club. I think you will like it.

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Congratulations, my best friend that I hunt with regularly, just admitted that he thinks he wants a 6.8 like mine. This is from a staunch bolt gun guy. I have already started collecting the parts for the build.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Congratulations, my best friend that I hunt with regularly, just admitted that he thinks he wants a 6.8 like mine. This is from a staunch bolt gun guy. I have already started collecting the parts for the build.

That seems to be a theme going on with people who see others hunting with the 6.8

Wassman

Houston, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
What took so long??? Which Stag barrel did you get?

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Make sure you tell him about *** barrels and bolts.

dax2323

Boerne TX
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
6.8 M4 barrel, keep it light as possible and most likely cut it down. Ill set it up at first and see how it shoots...that will decide its fate.

fanninland

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
That seems to be a theme going on with people who see others hunting with the 6.8

Yep, I have now built two 6.8's (*** 16") for bolt gun guys I've hunted with.....

Wassman

Houston, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
6.8 M4 barrel, keep it light as possible and most likely cut it down. Ill set it up at first and see how it shoots...that will decide its fate.
Typically they shoot pretty good for a chrome lined barrel. Just the carbine gas and odd muzzle threads usually turn people away. Other than that they are good barrels.