Oh My Cavity Back Bullets!

hdfireman

Blackstone Arms
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
A good friend of mine Christian, owner of Scalpel Arms(best Cerakote man around) went hunting up in Scurry this past Saturday night. As it goes a lot of times we are on our way out after seeing nothing for 5 hrs and there they are. We spot 2 pigs about 800 yards off of the road. We drive about halfway to them and get geared up. We walked up about 50 yards from the one on the right and the left pig is about 75 yards. 3...2...1... and 2 hogs DRT. Christian shot the pig on the left at 75 yards with a 6.5 Creedmore to the ear canal and I hit the pig on the right in the forehead with a Cavity Back 105 MKZ. Only took pic of forehead cause it was impressive. All we did is cut the hide off, what was left of the skull came with the skin!!
IMG_8511_zpsh8w33ijj.jpg

Last edited:

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
A drop top hog. Looks like that AR15Performance barrel likes those CBB 105's. Sweetness right there.

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Ouch!

theblakester

Got a black belt in keeping it real.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter

gshock

Banned Member!
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Cavity destroyer! Nice hog and good to see pics of your hunt!

der Teufel

Livin' the Dream …
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Yeah, that definitely left a mark …

Keep After 'Em!

fanninland

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Wow that's impressive Eric. Guessing you rolled your own and used the 12.5" "custom length" *** - have you chrono'd that nasty little round?

hdfireman

Blackstone Arms
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Wow that's impressive Eric. Guessing you rolled your own and used the 12.5" "custom length" *** - have you chrono'd that nasty little round?
I did load these and used my *** 12.5" but have not chrono'd them yet. I will soon.

WhoCares

LSB Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I just purchased 100 of the 120g to try. Hopefully it will knock em flat

fanninland

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I did load these and used my *** 12.5" but have not chrono'd them yet. I will soon.

Cool, no biggie just curious how much faster a 105 Cee-Bee-Bee travels than a 120 Es-Es-Tee out of a 12.5" Aye-Are-Pee.