Oath shotgun ammo

Discussion in 'Reloading and ammunition' started by scrmblr1982cj8, May 1, 2017.

1. scrmblr1982cj8

scrmblr1982cj8 LSB Active Member LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY LoneStarBoars Supporter

Anyone tried these? Wonder if they would hold up on big hogs?

IMG_9248.PNG

2. Andrew Wallace

Andrew Wallace LSB Member LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY

Dang, you gotta be a hedge fund manager to afford that stuff.

3. Ratdog68

Ratdog68 LSB Official Story Teller LoneStarBoars Supporter

What I'm wondering, is... will those petals survive going through a shield to make it TO their vitals?

Andrew Wallace likes this.
  4. scrmblr1982cj8

scrmblr1982cj8 LSB Active Member LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY LoneStarBoars Supporter

My exact thoughts. If so, holy cow!

Andrew Wallace likes this.
  5. RattlesnakeDan

RattlesnakeDan San Antonio Texas LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY SUS VENATOR CLUB LoneStarBoars Supporter

Who is going to get close enough to try?

Bakester likes this.
  6. slim_shady

slim_shady LSB Active Member LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY SUS VENATOR CLUB LoneStarBoars Supporter

You would! Come on Dan take one for the team.

7. RattlesnakeDan

RattlesnakeDan San Antonio Texas LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY SUS VENATOR CLUB LoneStarBoars Supporter

Actually I would right now, I am starting to get the shakes because I haven't killed a hog in months!

8. Brian Shaffer

Brian Shaffer Pro Staff Third Coast Thermal SUS VENATOR CLUB LoneStarBoars Supporter

What, are those individually machined and signed off on by a German engineer? Holy moly! Sighting in alone could be a very expensive prospect!

Bakester likes this.
  9. RattlesnakeDan

They probably have serial #'s on them so they can buy them in Kalifornication.

10. Brian Shaffer

Brian Shaffer Pro Staff Third Coast Thermal SUS VENATOR CLUB LoneStarBoars Supporter

Engraved individually by a jeweler.

11. der Teufel

der Teufel Livin' the Dream … SUS VENATOR CLUB

For that price they should send someone along to drag the hog in and clean it!

I don't think I'll be using any of those … but let me know how they work for you.

12. djones

djones gfy

OinK just bought a case, over nighted them and gave a tip

13. TEXASLAWMAN

TEXASLAWMAN Lone Star Boars Owner LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY SUS VENATOR CLUB LoneStarBoars Supporter

I wanted to try them, but gy6 did a video and there were some major reliability issues. So I have held off to see what happens.

14. scrmblr1982cj8

I could see that happening. Aluminum can be a soft metal, so I could the expansion being markedly different than the beautiful spread shown on the website. I'd love to see someone slice up a hog (like DNS) and recover a used slug.

15. Rappland

Rappland LSB Member

Unless these things put the vacuum sealed sausage in my freezer and cook a lb to try right away, I won't be buying any at that cost regardless of reliability. I'm scheduled to retire at 103 due to savings and these would greatly extend that timeline. Now, if they were guided and would correct for bad shots with a shotgun, I could then at least consider it.

scrmblr1982cj8 likes this.
  16. RattlesnakeDan

I wouldn't buy stock.