NV question

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Use my IR laser sparingly when using my PVS 14 only on dark night with no moon. The Luma does light things up.

Drift

LSB Member
Here is my thermal question. How well does thermal work in the following conditions/senerio? It's 86F, 78% humidity, cloud cover 90% at 5000. The computer says no rain, still, a drop hits your windshield ever 5 min. You are in a truck on a ranch road looking 2-3oo yards away@ your hog bait. The bait is at the edge of a tree line. Maybe under a tree. How well does thermal perform in conditions like that? How does thermal compare to 3rd generation OMNI-VI in these conditions? Is there a "minimal spec" thermal would need to see hogs well in these conditions? Thanks

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I think most would say humidity is thermal worst friend. But the video from Brian the other day with lots of humid looked pretty dang good. It was the video when they came from behind him.

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Thermal from all these videos to me seems to act up with a high dew point not just a high humidity, so you probably can have different conditions throughout the night. When I finally get to try it here on the coast I will let you know for sure, I cannot think of a worse place for night vision of any kind than here.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Here is my thermal question. How well does thermal work in the following conditions/senerio? It's 86F, 78% humidity, cloud cover 90% at 5000. The computer says no rain, still, a drop hits your windshield ever 5 min. You are in a truck on a ranch road looking 2-3oo yards away@ your hog bait. The bait is at the edge of a tree line. Maybe under a tree. How well does thermal perform in conditions like that? How does thermal compare to 3rd generation OMNI-VI in these conditions? Is there a "minimal spec" thermal would need to see hogs well in these conditions? Thanks
Honestly I do not know I've seen thermal cut through a fog bank were nv was limited to only a few yards. Also seen thermal work great on a 80 degree night with 80% humidity. Then the next night it goes to crap while the nv worked great, I think it has something to do with humidity and dew point. But even on the worst night I have seen the bigger lens systems would detect at 300 yards.

Taco

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB

I mean unless you live in Laos I don't see a problem with id'ig and killing S. I've been hunting in N Texas in this weather with a Zeus 640 and does the image suffer a bit, yeah, but even so it's still a game changer. It's not like humidity renders it useless.....in my experience.