Nov 5 2 coyote night

West D

LSB Member
It finally cooled down enough to get me fired up to go calling here in the lower Texas panhandle. We were using Pulsar Apex XD 38a scope for scanning and a Armasight Drone Pro 10x for shooting . My buddy has a hand call that works really good on coyotes . It was misty and foggy in spots making it tough to see with thermal and night vision . we agreed that we better stop and make a call before it started raining , the first set we called in two dogs and got both dogs . We were hunting a big grass CRP field with rough pasture on both sides of of us . they came in pretty quick . looks like it is going to be a good year for coyote hunting. I will post pics of the next hunt . I still don't like getting out walking with all the snakes they have been killing around here so we did not take any pics . seeing thermal images of a dead coyote good enough . thx ! Mark

JPK

LSB Active Member
Congrats!

We so wanted a double when we hunted Saturday night, but our coyote opportunity came unexpected and we didn't close the deal.

We don't have many poisonous snakes here, and they'd be denned up anyway. I hate snakes!

JPK

OneK

LSB Active Member
Staff member
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I'll back up what West D said about the snakes. I've never seen so many and not just rattlesnakes but every kind of snake. In years past it was a pretty rare deal to see a coachwhip (racer). This year they are everywhere. The hog population here is down and it makes me wonder if that doesn't have something to do with it. Just a few days ago my granddaughter killed a five foot rattlesnake just outside the backyard. Her first snake with a new pistol.

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
It's not nice to mess with a Rattlesnakes head Suss.

D

djones

feel free to set me up with a red 'i like snakes' banner.

dman62

LSB Member
I've seen a lot of coyotes this year. Rabbit and rodent population seems to be up as well so that's probably part of the reason. I'm a believer in snake boots/keggings/chaps.