Not mine but I like it

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Sometimes it takes a while to get one through the engine block. LOL Nice video.

rgilbert

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
good reflexes

BigRedDog

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
The more I watch that clip, the more I like that guy.
Decisive action, move forward and away to clear the sticks.
Put himself between the threat and who he was protecting.
Put enough firepower into the threat to stop it.
Nicely done I must say.

We at the Turkey Buzzard Preservation Society applaud you good sir, well done!

rgilbert

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
And good muzzle control. No sweeping of parties involved that I saw.

Guess

Hog Zombie
SUS VENATOR CLUB
well I view this entirely different. Prior to the AR15 craze I judged hunters by their weapon. If a guy showed up with an old beat up single shot or bolt gun you knew he could shoot. If he showed up with a 30-06 I had my doubts. If it was a semi auto 30-06 I knew right away, it was going to be a long trip!
The guy that finally shoots the hog did a good job putting the hog down. However had he made the original shooter use his sticks properly things may have been different. Always keep the shooting sticks closer to the receiver, not out on the end of the barrel.

I have shot hogs with a .458 socom, you've got to be a pretty bad shot for the first round not to lay them out at any size. Just my .02

I guess I've spent way too much time hunting with people that can't shoot.

rgilbert

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I have shot hogs with a .458 socom, you've got to be a pretty bad shot for the first round not to lay them out at any size. Just my .02

Was he shooting a socom? I thought is was a 223 from the lack of muzzle rise.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
well I view this entirely different. Prior to the AR15 craze I judged hunters by their weapon. If a guy showed up with an old beat up single shot or bolt gun you knew he could shoot. If he showed up with a 30-06 I had my doubts. If it was a semi auto 30-06 I knew right away, it was going to be a long trip!
The guy that finally shoots the hog did a good job putting the hog down. However had he made the original shooter use his sticks properly things may have been different. Always keep the shooting sticks closer to the receiver, not out on the end of the barrel.

I guess I've spent way too much time hunting with people that can't shoot.

Tell me you wouldn't want one. LOL

Guess

Hog Zombie
SUS VENATOR CLUB
oops my bad I though it said socom. I went back and froze the frames it is a tapered casing. May be .223 or 7.62 hard to tell. There was a Socom post on same page and my eye are getting old.
Either way the guy that drops the hog would be worthy of hunting with. He kept his head and did a good job stopping that hog.

Guess

Hog Zombie
SUS VENATOR CLUB
would be fun to shoot

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
The guy that actually shoots the hog does good.

Glen, I have to disagree with you a little on placement of the sticks. On a rifle with a freefloat handguard, such as the scars used in this video it wont effect point of impact if the sticks are kept on the rail. It doesn't matter if it is at the end of the rail or right by the receiver. This is only the case with a free float rail and while using some sort of optic mounted on the reciever.

Placing the sticks directly on the barrel or toward the forward end of a stock or handguard that is not free floated will effect point of impact. This is because the pressure applied by the sticks changes the harmonics of the barrel and can actually move the barrel if the pressure is great enough.

This is more common with bolt and single shot rifles because the barrels are not free floating from the stock.

I know, long winded and slightly off topic.

Guess

Hog Zombie
SUS VENATOR CLUB
yes, but had the sticks been where they are supposed to be he could have followed the hog a lot better. AS it was he couldn't move the barrel to follow the hog.

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
You are correct on that one.

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter

Was he shooting a socom? I thought is was a 223 from the lack of muzzle rise.
Me to SCAR in 5.56 I think a heavy would have laid the hog out

rgilbert

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
OK I'm running the risk of getting bashed here. The 458 Socom is not the Hammer of Thor. I have killed several with it, but if you don't break them down or hit the CNS they will run. BRD can attest to that fact. His first hog was with my Socom and he has seen a couple I shot run a small distance. Not to far mind you, but they do run. Something about them damn zombie hogs.

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I have shot hogs on the move with my socom and your right. If the shot is off any they can still run. It's never very far though. Hit them fairly good though and it will plant them every time

BigRedDog

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
mine had both front legs/shoulder broken and he just moved like a bulldozer for 40 yards or so

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
It's amazing what they can do when injured. I can't wait to get my 458 back out in the field.

Guess

Hog Zombie
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Zombie; an animated corpse brought back to life by mystical or supernatural means.
Over the years we have encountered hogs that perfectly fit this first description. Appearing to have supernatural powers, immortal even. Ghastly beasts bent on killing their pursuer, unwilling to die. They stalk the night leaving an unmistakable path of destruction. Kill or be killed, they rule the environment in which they live.

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I will have to say this TX hogs are harder to kill than SC hogs or FL hogs. All I have say in those places was one shot at least did not run maybe not dead but taken out. Size is another factor as TX hogs are bigger.