Noisy Field trash

Drop Zone

LSB Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Although we don't have the enormous fields you have in Tehas we do have some noisy ground cover. Have any used anti tracker footwear ? What you need is a light weight pair of boots some shag carpet & adhesive of your choice ,cut carpet an inch larger than your boot sole glue carpet to sole & vio la 75% quieter gate. Designed to leave no track but softens footfall. This idea was brought to you by a gent that is responsible for the total re vamp of a certain group of Navy forces in 70's & 80's . I use them often when stalking and they work. Regards

OneK

LSB Active Member
Staff member
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
An excellent idea!

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
good idea, some here could reverse that and instantly have the hair back they have lost!

Drop Zone

LSB Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I thought you hooves were already cloven ? Cloven dry wall stilt ? I have never used them in tall grass probably a foot tall & it helped alot. I should be more specific 1in around each b0ot perimeter & boot with no heel. Flat bottomed Wellingtons work ok. Suede works but softens to quickly fleece is ok but not rigid enough. Border war boots are available & with the addition of carpet you have the best stalker around. Fleece gaiters would work in a hunting situation , tried, but fibers will detach & can be seen by a real meat eaters.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
i was thinking of using stilts with pig hooves on the bottom

That is a great idea DJ now you just have to stop shooting the hooves off!

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Growing up bowhunting, when we got close enough for a stalk on a whitetail or big muley buck, my brothers and I would always remove our boots and go stocking footed, slowed you down, made no noise and every stick you would have crunched with boots you were now well aware of and acted accordingly. Usually had to go find your boots again,hopefully where you left them.
The Mexican Coyotes (humans) use carpet like you say to cover their tracks.

Drop Zone

LSB Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Have used the cutouts for a pronghorns they seem to work. The carpet Idea has evolved into a strap on bootbed with terra specific covering still 1-2 inches wider than boot I understand they make them custom for general public if you can find the manufacturer. Dj is right the narrower you go the less noise you make. They are making great strides in transplants DJ, who knows the ladies might find it sexy. Dr. Chimera Jones

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
It's best to roll around in cow pies first so the smell lines up with the critter.