No time to play around

Colby

Central Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Noticed Tuesday the hogs were back at it tearing stuff up and I saw some on the neighbors (their safe haven) right before dark.
So I geared up, shorts and boots lol and headed out. Went strait to the pasture they were rooting and saw them out there but I was in the wrong position and it was do it now or they're gonna run. Get out of the truck, walk about 15 yards towards them and he finally winds me. Bust him and hogs scatter everywhere! Couldnt see them in the tall grass. Even the hog I shot dropped and I never found him in the grass. Well the hogs were confused and this boar came up behind me and I rolled him @ 15 steps from my position.

Now fast forward to today, I was out checking stuff this afternoon and it sure looked like hogs were moseying around in the grass so I figured I'd try again at them, cold front blows through and I head out right at dark. Go to the feeder and park the truck and I'm looking around with the nv and I see nothing so I'm sitting there and I happen to look up straight out the windshield and a flash of lightning illuminates hogs in front of me. I get out of the truck and step out in to grass that's up to my shoulders and I'm like great I'm going to get bit by a damn snake. Stalk to about 45 yards and I take the shot cause I'm ready to get out of there. Then a bigger boar stops so I get him too. They were in some shorter grass so it was easy to find them.

So I took out 4 pretty good boars this week that were causing some damage so it should knock the two groups back for awhile. No telling how many hogs are out, they just never get seen.
Sure do like my SST's now that I got them back!

Wassman

Houston, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nice chootin.

I finally invested in some quality snake boots, I am always scared that I am going to step on something squishy. Now I just have to break them in.

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nice hogs, good shooting

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Way to take them out Colby!!

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
good going, is it that bright when looking through the PVS with the illuminator, you shooting looking at an iPhone display connected to the PVs?

dehoganator

LSB Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
knocked that first one F L A T.
gotta love it.

Colby

Central Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
It was still light in the horizon, and the iPhone took the light away so I used the illuminator and it was to bright, you can see me messing with it there for a minute. Plus where I was standing it was bouncing off the tall grass

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Great video Colby! For those that do not know hes looking at his phone to shoot, it is attached to the back of the pvs-14. Not an easy thing to do and score hits.

Colby

Central Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I don't know how well you can hear it through the speakers on the computer but the second hog I shot that was trotting off;
The first shot was clearly a miss, the second shot nailed him. It's hard to see whay he actually did in the video, I even don't know what he did. The loud thud was what gave it away that I hit him and then he just dissapeared in the grass. I think he may of taken a few steps forward before falling