no guts, no glory

D

djones

couldn’t resist the bright moon for night vision driving. single digit wind was tough though. had one spooky group of hogs I spent about three hours on sneaking in from different directions. they never were comfortable. I finally tried to rush them but ran out of driveable turnrow. what a bust.

didn’t see any more the rest of the hunt and packed it in. still hungry for a kill, I checked some out of the way spots on the way home and found some. didn’t risk bumping them with the truck since this would be my only chance for the night. stalk took about an hour. I think that normally one of the would have seen me, but they all kept their heads down most of the time… or at least were pointed away from me. I stopped three times and setup to shoot. after watching them I decided to creep up just a little more, and more, and more. finally the excitement was too much. I can tell when I’m close enough because I can’t control my breathing and start feeling a little shaky. gawd I love that!

IMG_1773_zps4jxtvoq0.jpg

IMG_1772_zpsbkqvuq5s.jpg

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Good shooting DJ. That third subject was pumping blood through a leak before it made it to the woods.

PS, I'm poaching in your backyard. More to follow when I get back to the safety of east Texas.

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good job Slim, just when I figured you were tired of chasing hogs, you put the smack down on em'!

NYCHOGKILLER

LSB Member
couldn’t resist the bright moon for night vision driving. single digit wind was tough though. had one spooky group of hogs I spent about three hours on sneaking in from different directions. they never were comfortable. I finally tried to rush them but ran out of driveable turnrow. what a bust.

didn’t see any more the rest of the hunt and packed it in. still hungry for a kill, I checked some out of the way spots on the way home and found some. didn’t risk bumping them with the truck since this would be my only chance for the night. stalk took about an hour. I think that normally one of the would have seen me, but they all kept their heads down most of the time… or at least were pointed away from me. I stopped three times and setup to shoot. after watching them I decided to creep up just a little more, and more, and more. finally the excitement was too much. I can tell when I’m close enough because I can’t control my breathing and start feeling a little shaky. gawd I love that!

IMG_1773_zps4jxtvoq0.jpg

IMG_1772_zpsbkqvuq5s.jpg
Good hunting and good Shootin! I was so happy to see that you posted this video only 18 minutes ago. I was actually logging on to put up a post stating that we haven't had any good hunting videos in a while. I like to see them all week if possible. I'll probably be back in the fall and I'll be making some new videos of myself hunting hogs. Good luck again be safe

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I was sayin': "Choot-em... CHOOT-EM"!! Couple of good kills right 'dere.