New Years Day Hunt

Lancer

LSB Active Member
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I went out New Years day night to see what i had missed while out of state for the last couple weeks . Hogs were moving at first location and i spotted a large sounder headed for the corn silage pile, i spotted them from ~600 yards with my Pulsar HD19A then drove a little closer and started the video with UNV MDR and the Apex XD38A. I was still a little shaky from the NYE celebrations and as you can see did a poor job of shooting, at one point I actually squeezed off a round into the ground to divert the hogs that were running by me. I really wanted to make myself concentrate on the running hogs but the sounds of them behind me finally got the better of me. Anyway 4 recovered, hopefully buzzards locate more tomorrow. Video cut short to spare you the shameful wasting of ammo on Hail Mary shots.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Lance, What a fun time, you have the hogs, more like a herd than a sounder!

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
That's a pile of fun right there! A good job of staying with 'em and dropping hogs.

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
DDDAAANNNGGG!!! Still can't get over the pack of pork you have!! And a GOOD ON YA for that!! Heck you had them all over you, fun stuff fo sure. Anywhos nice going on them furs of pork! BANG BANG!!!

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Looks like a good time Lance! The picture in picture feature looks pretty useful for this kind of hunting. The native zoom to move quick and spot them and the smaller zoomed picture to make an accurate shot. I caught myself switching between which "screen" I was looking at during the video. Pretty cool. I like that you get excited and get the hog breath/adrenaline going!

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Sir Lancer Lot-O-Pigs went from flip phone to great video's! Awesome work Lancer and good shooting!!

Lancer

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Looks like a good time Lance! The picture in picture feature looks pretty useful for this kind of hunting. The native zoom to move quick and spot them and the smaller zoomed picture to make an accurate shot. I caught myself switching between which "screen" I was looking at during the video. Pretty cool. I like that you get excited and get the hog breath/adrenaline going!
The heavy breathing was probably more to do with the night before, and me having too many clothes on, lots of heavy sweating going on there (also probably from over-indulgence).

Homebrewer

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good to see there are 4+ less hogs eating from the silage pile.
You have so many hogs to whack - you have your work lined up for a looonng time!

Dennis

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
"Hog breath". Lol
One MIGHT even construe that to describe what happens when you're caught partaking of the fermented Kool-Aide based bait.

gshock

Banned Member!
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
wow lots of hogs ... happy hunting and Happy NY!

Lancer

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I didn't see it at first but as the large sounder walked into the silage pile they pushed a small group of smaller pigs out, they go off to the right and head to the woods. I got into them 2 nights later. I'm finding the videos really helpful in showing me things I wouldn't have normally noticed.