New Yankee to the board

DarkNight

LSB Member
Just wanted to say a quick hello from the cornfields of western illinois. Looking forward to learning about thermal scopes and how it's done in the Lone Star State! Only hogs we have here are in confinements but like to call coyote.
Merry Christmas to all!

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Welcome to the fray, and a Merry Christmas.

pruhdlr

Cantonment,Fla.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Welcome and Merry Christmas.
To me a thermal sight works even better on yotes than it does on hogs. Especially if you have some people hunting coyotes in your general area using visable lights.
Hunt the nights with low visable moon. Hunt the times of night that the moon has not risen or is low in the sky. Also nights with cloud cover. Set up in the shade if a bright moon out but be advised,they can still see you sitting there.
If you do the static position thing,set up properly remembering the wind AND where the moon will rise at if you set up on the edge of a field with trees at your back.
Buy a good quality REMOTE caller. Do not line up the speaker with your position and the suspected position that the yotes could come from. Start your caller volume off fairly quiet. If you shoot a yote,keep calling for at least another 10-15 minutes.
Be prepared to have a whole new world of hunting open up to you using thermal. You own the night. Nothing escapes a good thermal unit. Read up,study up,choose your thermal for what you NEED it to do. Nothing more. Your best source of info is actually talking to people that have been using thermal for some time. --- pruhdlr

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Welcome to the forum and Merry Christmas.

pruhdlr

Cantonment,Fla.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
No hunting hogs at night . . . OUCH !!
Something else that I forgot to mention . . . . . check directly with your warden service and explain EXACTLY what equipment you want to use to hunt yotes or hogs,either day or night. Much better still,show this equipment to a warden and get him to "bless" it. That equipment should include firearm,thermal,ammo,and magazine.
Some states absolutely love to be able to confiscate this equipment for some silly game law infraction. The last thing that I would want is to have 6-8K $'s worth of equipment taken in the name of the law. --- pruhdlr

D

djones

howdy yank,
soon a guy on here named scrambler will ask you to take him hunting. don't! it's a trap. i took him hunting once and all he did was call me 'man candy' the whole night!

scrmblr1982cj8

LSB Active Member
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
IMG_8516.PNG DarkNight,

Welcome to LSB!

Ignore DJ! Speaking of candy, for some reason, he cannot go within 1000 feet of an elementary school anymore. I wonder if it has something to do with his new hunting van?

Attachments

• IMG_8516.PNG
    IMG_8516.PNG
    567.8 KB · Views: 0