• Zeus 640 3-24x75

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • FLIR RS64 60mm

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Mikecatt13

Looking for some help in selecting a thermal scope, I don't have anywhere local to get my hands on them so I'm relying on YouTube and those more experienced than me.

Kind of thinking I'm looking at the following models:

-Zeus 640 3-24x75
-FLIR RS64 60mm
-Pulsar XP50 trail

Really like the FLIR instalert color palette, like the battery life and on board record of the pulsar. The 3x zoom of that model zeus may be nice, with a standard riflescope i tend to like some magnification (I udually run my 3-9 at like 7-8x for hunting shots). About 50% for coyotes 100-150/200 yds at home and 50% for hogs and coyotes on out of state trips from 100-250/300yds ish Budget around $5k. Would you recommend one over the others? Or is there another one completely that would be best? Thanks in advance

Wayne

LSB Member
Looking for some help in selecting a thermal scope, I don't have anywhere local to get my hands on them so I'm relying on YouTube and those more experienced than me.

Kind of thinking I'm looking at the following models:

-Zeus 640 3-24x75
-FLIR RS64 60mm
-Pulsar XP50 trail

Really like the FLIR instalert color palette, like the battery life and on board record of the pulsar. The 3x zoom of that model zeus may be nice, with a standard riflescope i tend to like some magnification (I udually run my 3-9 at like 7-8x for hunting shots). About 50% for coyotes 100-150/200 yds at home and 50% for hogs and coyotes on out of state trips from 100-250/300yds ish Budget around $5k. Would you recommend one over the others? Or is there another one completely that would be best? Thanks in advance
I'm kind of in the same boat..I have a Zeus 336 42mm now and I want to upgrade. I think the Zeus 75mm in 640 is the one to go with but would like to hear what others say.

Taco

LSB Active Member
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I think any user of the Zeus 640 3x 75mm will tell you it’s a great scope. A few may say that they prefer more fov, but not me. I also had a 640 42mm and was always zooming to 2x to shoot. I hunt open areas and the 3x just flat out works perfectly.

With that being said there is a whole slew of new product coming into the market. I’d get with a vendor here that can show you the units. They’re going to have specific questions about how you hunt and what type of terrain.