New to the LSB Forum

57 Texan

Hey friends, new to hog hunting and this forum. Glad I found it. I'm a 5th Generation native Texan living in north Arlington. We actually have hogs in our neighborhood and in prolific numbers in an adjacent park area along the Trinity River. I've got the fever bad. I'll soon begin scouting a parcel of land I have access to in Bell County just south of Temple. The land is largely cleared but there is a creek and a pond so I hope to find some sign there and get a feeder and a stand up. For starters I'll be hunting with a Colt LE6920 in 5.56/.223 with an Eotech 512 holographic optic. Will likely add a magnifier soon. I'm still researching what ammo is best for the 5.56 and .223, and reading in this forum has already given some good guidance. Looking forward to reading more.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Welcome to the gang. Great group of folk, NEVER any ribbing either. Ok, only happens on days which end in "Y".

Jake

Bandera, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Hey friends, new to hog hunting and this forum. Glad I found it. I'm a 5th Generation native Texan living in north Arlington. We actually have hogs in our neighborhood and in prolific numbers in an adjacent park area along the Trinity River. I've got the fever bad. I'll soon begin scouting a parcel of land I have access to in Bell County just south of Temple. The land is largely cleared but there is a creek and a pond so I hope to find some sign there and get a feeder and a stand up. For starters I'll be hunting with a Colt LE6920 in 5.56/.223 with an Eotech 512 holographic optic. Will likely add a magnifier soon. I'm still researching what ammo is best for the 5.56 and .223, and reading in this forum has already given some good guidance. Looking forward to reading more.

Welcome, lots of great info in here. So far the deadliest ammo I've used for 5.56/.223 is the Black Hills 60 grain sp which is loaded with Hornady bullets. I've anchored a lot of hogs with them. As far as a magnifier I went cheap and am very happy with my Primary Arms long eye relief 3x magnifier. Works great with my Aimpoint only downside is not great light transmission at night with a spotlight, tac light.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Welcome to the forum!

theblakester

Got a black belt in keeping it real.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
62 grain federal fusion. 62 or 70 grain Barnes TSX, 64 grain Winchester 64 grain hog special.

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Welcome! We look forward to pics and stories. Killing hogs is not just a hobby....it's an obsession...be warned!

rrv333

LSB Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Welcome