New Thermal ??'s

pruhdlr

Cantonment,Fla.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I have been using thermal for over 4 years now. I have a ATN ThOR that has worked as advertised since the day it was new. NO COMPLAINTS WHATSOEVER
Now I am in the market for a new thermal and have pretty much ruled out the ATN brand because of all the unnecessary stuff (for me) that it does,that I would pay for with purchase.
1. I am open to any name brand
2. Would like to stay <$7000.
3. Has to be a 640 unit. A 30mm . . . 50mm lens would be perfect. 60hz would be great but 30hz will be fine. About 1-6X would be perfect. Do not need over about 8X. Do not need vid capabilities. Black hot and white hot only will be fine. Do not want,do not need GPS,compass,Bluetooth,and all the other stuff. A built in rangefinder would be a plus. NO clip ons. A single gun,stand alone unit is fine. Will never be subjected to the inertia of > a 6.8SPC.
Does not have to be the very latest technology as long as I can get the rest of my wants/needs.
Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated. I have read thru about every post on thermal performance within the last 6 months or so. Ready to buy not but not in a hurry.
One of my biggest things about thermal in todays buyers market is - - -> I do not want to pay for the features that I do not need and will not use.
Thanks ---- pruhdlr

wigwamitus

LSB Active Member
Sounds like IRD/TEO would fit nicely!
The Mk2s are under $7k (19mm or 35mm)
No built in video, no GPS. Can range with reticle .. 18, 36, 72 inch reticle subtensions at 100 scale up for 200, 300. The Mk3 has a slightly fancy built in range finder and 35mm version can be had for under $7k street price.
.308WIN recoil
black hot/white hot only BUT has preset 3 black hot and 3 white hot "pallets" that help under various thermal conditions.
BAE Core provides great image under good thermal conditions and not worst image than others under terrible thermal conditions.
Has lost the "new and cool" feature now owned by other makes/models.
:)
As others migrate to "new and cool", more used TEO/IRD coming on market for good prices.
TEO/IRD people will get on the phone with you. I wrote them an email with questions, they called me on the phone to answer. Who does that these days? A mk2 19mm can be upgraded to a mk3 35mm (to get the slightly fancier range finder) or a mk3 60mm (to get a longer focal length lens with more magnification and lower FOV). But you can get in to the platform for lowest cost with the 19mm Mk2 and then upgrade later. Thus spreading out your spending.
Oh, the Mk2/Mk3 are all 640 only. And they are user switchable between 30hz and 60hz.

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
MKII 35mm or one of the new Pulsars or don't forget Armasight. MKII a good thermal from ******************* and money left over for bullets or a dinner out with the woman to help her forget the money you just spent!! BANG BANG!!