New rifle.

mc68

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
IMG_1459.JPG I just bought a new rifle the other day. It's a new caliber for me, 6.5 Creedmoor. Once I buy a new rifle it becomes a priority of mine to shoot a hog with it. That got me thinking about the different calibers I have shot hogs with. Listed the different ones in order of hogs taken with it.

450 Bushmaster

I really like the 450B when hunting from a fixed spot. It really puts them down. Since I got a suppressor I started using my 6.8 more and more. Looking back, the 6.8 is my go to all around rifle. Now I will need to put some time in with the 6.5 C to put a few hogs down.

Just wondering how may different calibers you have used on hogs and what do you keep going back to. Watching Todd test all the different rifles makes me add new rifles to the list of rifles I want to buy. Having different rifles to choose from sure makes hog hunting fun!

Shooter

Bedford, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Damn nice weapon. You gotta be real fast on follow up shots with a bolt gun.

ZenArchery

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
A Bow
A Crossbow
.17hmr
7.62x39
300 AAC BLKOUT
6.5 CM

rgilbert

LSB Active Member
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
What ammo are you using in your 6.5 CM.
Try the Hornady American Whitetail 129 grain. It's the cheapest most accurate load I've used.

Wellbornpapa

Grumpy old f***
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Hogs with 5.56, 243, 280, & 6.8. 6.8 has become my primary hog gun. Recently got a 300Blk, but no hogs yet.