New Player in the 6.8 SPC

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
http://coronadoarms.com/rifles/blackguns

Very nice looking. Offered as "carbine" and "rifle" (BIG price point difference). Billet upper/lower (proprietary, pat. pending design). Some digging netted me only that it's a 1:10 twist, no chamber spec, or rifling spec. I have the following email in to them at info@CoronadoArms.com to inquire about their chamber specs and rifling specs:

Is your chamber SAAMI, or is it the preferred “6.8x43mm”, or “6.8 SPC II” chamber? I see (from a YouTube video) it is a 1:10 twist. Is it the 6-groove Enfield, or a preferred rifling of a different profile (ie: 3 groove poly, 5R, 4 groove)? FYI… the SAAMI spec was incorrectly submitted to SAAMI by Remington with too little lead. Think of it in this manner:

6.8 SPC (SAAMI) = .223 Remington (SAAMI)
6.8x43mm (Basically, used only by AR15 Performance) = .223 Wylde
6.8 SPC II = 5.56 NATO

The initial (SAAMI) spec of the common (.270 Winchester stock) 6 groove 1:10 Enfield barrels is also less efficient than the preferred land to groove ratio of the 1:11.25 5R barrels offered by AR15 performance, the 3 groove (poly) 1:11 of Black Hole Weaponry, or the 4 groove 1:11 of Bison Armory. Between the favored specs of the non-SAAMI chamber, and the barrel specs used by the leaders in the 6.8 community… less pressure is evident from a given load recipe, as well as more velocity from a given load (than that of a SAAMI chamber/6 groove Enfield).

Please join up to and follow the 6.8 community at www.68forums.com to plug yourself into the likes/wants/needs of the ones most “in the know” of this sweet caliber.

The rest of what I see of your carbine/rifle is very nice. Am I correct (from what I’m seeing on your web-site) that the hand guards are the same length between the carbine and the rifle?

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
The extended upper receiver looks interesting.

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
You can see a video review of it on YouTube channel named "Sootch00". That's where I came across it. I rather like the upper/lower (proprietary) design... can't do the "key mod" hand guard though.

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
That's an interesting concept. I wonder how sturdy it really is though

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Will post up the reply I received when I get home.