New Member - Houston

Coot45

Live in Houston, semi-retired from industrial coatings industry and primarily hunt feral hogs as a pass-time.
Enjoy getting out in the woods and pastures when I (64) get to take my son (40, from Iowa) hunting. He is an avid deer hunter both with bow and shotgun but gets the no-more-hunting-season fever and is planning to visit at the end of the month. I would like to show him a good time by taking out some of our excess pig population. If anyone knows where we could go to night hunt for a couple of nights, either on public land or where we would be welcome on private land, that would surely be appreciated. Have been on a couple of paid night hunts where the landowner's hype was much larger than the potential to see any game. Apparently not willing to install feeders or feeder lights to increase customer's chances.
My weapon of choice for hogs is a 450 Bushmaster because shooting twice is just silly and all my son has to do is outrun me to be safe. I'm not into hog wrestling with a "pig sticker".

Wassman

Houston, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Welcome to the site. You may want to look into one of our site sponsors t-bone outfitters. Many of us have hunted with them and came out with a great experience, plus their price point is reasonable for a tactical feral hog hunt.

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Welcome! Good luck!

BigRedDog

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Have you gotten into the field lately?

I have not :(

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Welcome to the fray. Show us that thumper you have.

BigRedDog

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
hey coot, you still kickin' it?