New Member From Wichita Falls

keatonskidmore

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Hello y'all, been watching "Lone Star Boars" videos on youtube for a good while now and just decided to join the forum.
I hunt mostly around Wichita Falls in Wichita, Archer, Baylor, and Young county.
Right now I have a Sightmark Photon XT mounted on my 300 Blackout but I'm waiting on my Armasight Zeus Pro 336 4x 50mm to come in for it.
Between the two friends that I hunt with we have two gen 3 pvs-14s and two Zeus 336 3x thermals.
This year we've taken 137 hogs so far.
How many of y'all are from around this area?

Also I tried to change my avatar and it wouldn't let me. Is there a post limit before I can change it?
And is there a phone app for this forum? I'm a member of Texas Bowhunter as well and I can use it on Tapatalk.

- Keaton Skidmore

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Welcome!! Due to the taptalk security breach you have to use your browser on a phone to connect. Sounds like you have some gear there!! No post limit on the avatar, so not sure the issue...sorry

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Welcome... avatar issue may be too large of a file size?

keatonskidmore

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Welcome!! Due to the taptalk security breach you have to use your browser on a phone to connect. Sounds like you have some gear there!! No post limit on the avatar, so not sure the issue...sorry
That makes sense. Just got on it from my phone and its working good enough to not need an app so that's good.
I'm probably just not finding the right way to change my avatar. I'll get it figured out soon I'm sure.

keatonskidmore

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Here's my blackout. Sorry I don't have too good of a photo of it right now. I built it with seekins upper and lower recievers. CMC trigger. Rainier arms hand guard, charging handle, BCG. Has a 8.5" barrel and a magpul STR. All cerakoted burnt bronze.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 7

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nice looking weapon! I have an 8.5" 6.8 and love it.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I just kept mine a pistol and use the SBX brace on it, too cheap to spend the 200 for tax stamp

keatonskidmore

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I just kept mine a pistol and use the SBX brace on it, too cheap to spend the 200 for tax stamp
I had mine as a pistol while waiting on my tax stamp to come in.
Here's a better picture of it with the brace, photon, and YHM phantom Ti QD.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    160.2 KB · Views: 7

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nice, I like it

BigRedDog

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
very cool

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Welcome Keaton,

We met once before in Gunco Arms. My name is Alex and I used to run T-bone Outfitters. I'm glad to see you made your way over here. Lots of good people and info on this forum. Texaslawman, the owner, along with many members put a lot of work in to make it what it is.

Send me a pm and maybe we can get a hunt together soon. I live in Wichita Falls and mostly hunt in Clay county.

keatonskidmore

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Welcome Keaton,

We met once before in Gunco Arms. My name is Alex and I used to run T-bone Outfitters. I'm glad to see you made your way over here. Lots of good people and info on this forum. Texaslawman, the owner, along with many members put a lot of work in to make it what it is.

Send me a pm and maybe we can get a hunt together soon. I live in Wichita Falls and mostly hunt in Clay county.
Yeah I remember talking with you. I thought you were moving out of state to another base?

keatonskidmore

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Here's a few photos from some pigs we've killed

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 7
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 7
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    187.2 KB · Views: 7
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    132.9 KB · Views: 7
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    130.3 KB · Views: 8
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    169.4 KB · Views: 7
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    287.1 KB · Views: 7
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    156.9 KB · Views: 7

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
you got some nice hogs there!!

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Great cutters on that big boy. Looks like some serious hog slayers there!