New Member from Brazos Valley area (Southern Grimes Co.)

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
They forget so soon!

Vance Goodson

Hunting is my Drug!
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Lol. Yeah I know some people like that. I know a guy that killed a landowners cow while spot lighting one night, and not a calf that would be easily mistaken, I'm talking a full grown 1300lb momma cow, that guy is now a police officer in our county! :eek:... Hogs are going to root regardless of baiting or not, the bait just gives them more reason to dig around. Some people just don't understand that principle though.

TLW, Hopefully this isn't a stupid question but I'm new here so I will ask anyway, do you hunt hogs as a profession or is it just your hobby/lifestyle outside of work?

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I have a full time job hog hunting is Mostly recreation I've done a few paid guided hunts, and have a couple of farmers that pay me to shoot hogs but nothing major not even enough to pay for the gas.

Vance Goodson

Hunting is my Drug!
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Hopefully I didn't seem like I was trying to get into your business, I just wondered because your kill counter is substantial. I just wish I had less work time and more hunt time lol.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
He is a Legend, almost everyone Knows his Story...Books will be written...just sayin'

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I am holding out for the Movie!

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Lol it would be a nice full time job! Maybe after I retire in 15 years if we have not killed them all. ;)

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
He is a Legend, almost everyone Knows his Story...Books will be written...just sayin'

Don't get that stuff started again Frank lol. My wife called me the hunting buhdda and rubbed my beer belly for weeks after that last bit! :)

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Don't get that stuff started again Frank lol. My wife called me the hunting buhdda and rubbed my beer belly for weeks after that last bit! :)

Now that we need pics of!! legend or Buddha, whichever your prefer!

BigRedDog

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
It's amazing to me how many people shoot cows. But sometimes farmers can be crazy too. I has a farmer show me his field totally rooted up three weeks ago. So I put a hog barrel out there in the middle of the rooting. Last night I get a call from that farmer "come get this barrel out of my field it's caused the hogs to root it up." Lol now he is claiming the hogs never rooted there until I baited. Good thing I have pictures of him in the rooted up field before the barrel.
falls under the 'no good deed goes unpunished' rule doesn't it?