New Knife!

histopicker

St. George, Utah
LoneStarBoars Supporter
The knife I carried for the last 28 years was broken by misuse last week. Not having my familiar friend in my pocket was very disconcerting so I started looking for a new replacement. I had a discussion with the infamous Ratdog about my dilemma and after very little deliberation he advised the purchase of this knife. I ordered it from Midway USA and it arrived this morning. The craftsmanship in this knife is way above standard, truly amazing for a production knife. The back is open between the carbon fiber scales to allow all that pocket trash to fall out. This might allow for coins to enter against the blade so I might have to be cautious about carrying it with them. Blade is D2 steel. I already love it. Thanks Ratdog!
.knives of alaska.jpg

Aspp

Central California
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I REALLY like the Knives of Alaska blades, used one of their boneing knives this weekend on a meat buck I shot. Very smart designs and good steel. I also have a fillet knife and a folding pocket knife (Bearcub I think???) that I use occasionally.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Yup, I think you picked well on that one. I like the ability of the D2 (HC Steel) to throw a spark on a ferro-rod, what's NOT to love about a built-in bottle opener on the blade? And the CF cool factor never hurts either.

histopicker

St. George, Utah
LoneStarBoars Supporter
The back of the handle is open so I have to keep coins in a pocket where the knife is not. A quarter jammed in there the other day and interfered with opening.
D2 steel will take a very fine edge, this knife will actually shave your face, not just arm hair.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
The back of the handle is open so I have to keep coins in a pocket where the knife is not. A quarter jammed in there the other day and interfered with opening.
D2 steel will take a very fine edge, this knife will actually shave your face, not just armpit hair.
Man, and I haven't even had my breakfast yet.

BigRedDog

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Is this knife still working well for you?