New Hat Band

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Got this Rattlesnake from a friend, has been in his freezer for 4 or 5 yrs he said. I skinned it and fleshed it quick. Cut off some from the tail end and head end that was kind of black.
Mix 1/2 Alcohol ( rubbing, isopropyl, makes no difference that I can tell)
1/2 Glycerin
Mix and roll skin loosely and put it in solution rattlesnake skin 001.JPG and put in fridge for 3-4 days, stir lightly daily.
Pull out when ready, rinse with cold water
When dry, rub lightly with glycerin both sides, just like nice leather and real easy to do.

Lancer

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
nice!

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nice. I've got half a dozen Spitting Cobra skins, a Rattle Snake skin, and a Water Snake skin. Next time I make a longbow, I want to back it with snake skin. Could make me a hat band too I guess. Great lookin' skin there.

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nice. I've got half a dozen Spitting Cobra skins, a Rattle Snake skin, and a Water Snake skin. Next time I make a longbow, I want to back it with snake skin. Could make me a hat band too I guess. Great lookin' skin there.
I was going to send this to my brother in Montana so him and his boys can use them for longbows but this one was froze too long coiled up I guess because I can't get the curve out of it.
I use a Selway slide on the limbs quiver so I can't put skins on my longbow.