New guy introduction

jglass

LSB Member
I have 2 years experience wild hog hunting in Florida where I spend the winters. The warmer months I live
60 miles West of Chicago. Started hog hunting with night vision this year and plan to upgrade to thermo. My hunting experience has been with duck & Geese on the upper Mississippi R. This year I purchase my first rifle for hog hunting, an AR-15 in a 300 Blackout. I ordered parts and built the rifle from a kit. Then ordered another AR-15 kit in a 223 cal, so I have 2 AR's now. Next I started reloading. So now I'm planning next winters hog hunting. I lease 140 acres near Crystal River, Florida.

Thanks, Jim

Last edited:

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Welcome to the fray. Jump on into the banter, watch for flying elbows (all friendly).

Lrtx1

LSB Member
Welcome Jim, I'm around the Gainesville Fl area.

Jake

Bandera, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter

scrmblr1982cj8

LSB Active Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Welcome! Ignore a guy named DJ on this site. One hell of a story teller but you can't believe anything that comes from him.

lonepunman

LSB Active Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Glad you found us!

What type of night vision are you using?

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Welcome another FL guy here, choose your bullets wisely in the 300wtf or they will just bounce off FL hogs

jglass

LSB Member
Thanks for the friendly greeting. I have a Night Owl night vision monocular and Firefield night vision scope on my AR-15. I bought the Firefield scope for only $285. It had excellent customer reviews deserved full credit for my 3 hog kills. It is stupid simple to operate, just turn it on and it is ready to go. This was my first experience hunting with a rifle and the 300 Blackout performed very well. A properly placed shot dropped the hogs right in their tracks. I used hollow points

Cazz

US Army Veteran, Hunting Addict
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I have 2 years experience wild hog hunting in Florida where I spend the winters. The warmer months I live
60 miles West of Chicago. Started hog hunting with night vision this year and plan to upgrade to thermo. My hunting experience has been with duck & Geese on the upper Mississippi R. This year I purchase my first rifle for hog hunting, an AR-15 in a 300 Blackout. I ordered parts and built the rifle from a kit. Then ordered another AR-15 kit in a 223 cal, so I have 2 AR's now. Next I started reloading. So now I'm planning next winters hog hunting. I lease 140 acres near Crystal River, Florida.

Thanks, Jim
Where near Chicago are you? Welcome!

BigRedDog

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
welcome aboard

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Welcome to the site. My youngest son lives in Spring Hill not far from Crystal River.

scrmblr1982cj8

LSB Active Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
no argument there. it's just that most of us don't allow it to get wet in the first place.

I've learned that as I get older, my stomach doesn't tolerate some foods as well as it used to. Drawn butter for example. If I have some I'm gonna have the runs within an hour.

lonepunman

LSB Active Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Glad you found us…

What do you plan to hunt with the .223?