New guy in New Braunfels, TX

JuCo..

Hello LSB friends! Just checkin in as a new guy.. It's nice to be somewhere with people as passionate about hog hunting as I am! I hunt as often as I can and my preferred cartridge is 300 blackout. My first goal is to join the SUS VENATOR CLUB!

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Welcome. There's a lot to learn around here to help with that goal

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Welcome! I guess we need to convert you to the proper Hog hunting caliber so you can meet your goal! LOL you got a lot of hogs over there, I use to live at Canyon lake for many years.

JuCo..

Thanks. I have a boar on my trail cam that might be my ticket in. I'm going tonight to hopefully find him...
My personal dead hog counter for 2015 is 6. More to come!

JuCo..

Yes sir, the north side of the lake has exploded with hogs! I've had a lot of success with the blackout but I do covet the LWRC razorback..

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
yeah the 6.8 is an amazing round! Over in Seguin there are tons of Hogs, the Outfitter Night Hogs has a lot of the property locked down but they do not eradicate like you could.

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Welcome from San Antonio, just a hop skip and jump away!

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Welcome. I love the New Braunfels area. Good luck making the club.

Lancer

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Welcome aboard! Tons of knowledge to be gained here.

dax2323

Boerne TX
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Jus down the road... Was out at canyon lake couple weeks ago, horrible weather so didn't stay long... Got a friend there that has a thermal as well... Try to get out as much as possible.

JuCo..

I don't get the chance to hunt around this area much. I have a lease down in Devine where I go. I've always wanted to hunt up in the Boerne/Kerrville area..
I use an Armasight 3P clip-on(can't afford a thermal yet!) but my brother in law has a thermal that we use often. They are definitely game changers...

theblakester

Got a black belt in keeping it real.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
its rough hunting around here...rocks and hills make navigating at night noisy and tiring.
Thats very true in the nueces canyon! Much different compared to east Texas backwoods.

BigRedDog

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
howdy

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Histo and I lived @ Canyon Lake!