New guy from California

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Welcome... we do have some fun 'round here.

Scott68

Oh yea I can see you guys have way too much fun. Little jealous although I wouldn't be able to afford that kind of shooting here in California $20 a tag here unfortunately

Aspp

Central California
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Welcome to the forum Scott68! Don't worry, us CA guys can shoot pigs in the morning, go sit on the beach for brunch then go ski Northstar or Sugar Bowl before dinner, and still have better weather than the Texans! It might not make up for the NFA goodies and nightvision they get, but its still not a bad deal!

Scott68

Quite true. my go to hunting spots are only 30mins to 2and a half hours away depending on zone and game. And the coast is only 45 mins away from where I'm at. But that night vision sure does seem like fun.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Quite true. my go to hunting spots are only 30mins to 2and a half hours away depending on zone and game. And the coast is only 45 mins away from where I'm at. But that night vision sure does seem like fun.
Let me translate for you rural types. In traffic, that can mean a mere 2 miles away. LOL

Scott68

Hahaha quite true but I'm lucky live in a pretty small town and traffic is not bad at all to where I go thankfully

Aspp

Central California
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LMAO, quite true. I live less than 15 miles from the ocean but its an hour drive to get there. Not due to traffic, but a lack of roads getting me off my ranch and over to uppityville. I do love the fresh sea food though!

Aspp

Central California
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Hahaha quite true but I'm lucky live in a pretty small town and traffic is not bad at all to where I go thankfully
Where are you at Scott?

Aspp

Central California
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I know where that is, I used to know a couple guys from up there. We were next door naighbors for a while, back when I was going to school at Shasta CC and Chico State. You got some tough hunting over there, always have to worry about some pot farmer shooting your head off and all that.

Scott68

Yyeeaa. Sometimes makes me feel iffy about having the ar. Feel if "farmers" saw it they think there getting robbed. But at least I could return some fire IF that ever came about. Might need a few more mags though heheha

1956_4x4

Crestview, Florida
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Northern California. Born and raised in Ukiah. Its 2hours north of San Fransisco

Scott - I was raised over the hill from you in Ft Bragg. I'm living on the other side of the country now...

Smitty

skwoodrow

Kingwood Texas
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Wow, cliche warning, Small world!! I used to live in Sebastopol as a teen. When there were apple orchards, not the vineyards that have taken over. Went camping in Willits a few times and swimming in the Flushin river!! Welcome to the forums good sir.

Scott68

Thanks everyone one. Pretty surprised you guys knew what I was talking about truly is a small world. Normally people have no clue what I'm talking about. Glad to be signed up

histopicker

St. George, Utah
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Yyeeaa. Sometimes makes me feel iffy about having the ar. Feel if "farmers" saw it they think there getting robbed. But at least I could return some fire IF that ever came about. Might need a few more mags though heheha
You should try living a hour from the front lines of the war on the U.S./Mexico border. Some really hinkey stuff going on here. Mucho incentive to have that AR platform.