New from Colorado

Rod150

Looking for a place to hunt hogs. My son and I hunted a place near Crockett, Tx. several yrs ago. Low fence 130 acres. We found out after, the hogs were brought in. Ok for our first hog hunt. Learned a lot about hogs. Owner wasn't too motivated. Tried to go back 2 yrs later, and place was closed. Found another spot East of Dallas last yr. Booked a hunt last spring, but they got flooded out. looking for a backup, we tried MY Ranch near crockett. That was joke. We have contacted several other places, but communication, ie; call backs and responses to emails are little to none. Have looked at many places on the web. Seems to be a lot of negative reviews, even after taking them all with a grain of salt. My son, brother, and a couple of friends, aren't looking for a five star, massages and champagne kind of place. All we need are the following; roof that doesn't leak, toilet that flushes, stove, microwave, beds, and a shower. We do our own cooking. Just looking for a reasonably priced place for some blue collar boys. Preferably North Texas.

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
You can call this guy. Paul is his name. 832-419-6151
Ranch between Houston and San Antonio off of I-10 near Gonzales. I believe they close for the summer and open back up late summer/fall.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Welcome to the fray.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Welcome and good luck!!

Lancer

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Welcome

ZenArchery

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Welcome. I only know of a good low fence bow only hunting range west of Fort Worth. My experience of low fence hog hunting operations is unless they own/have access to thousands of acres the hogs get shot out pretty quickly and leave ASAP.
Look on recent post someone just did a write up on a night hog hunting adventure.

Jhop

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Might be helpful to give the time of year y'all are coming to Texas. Free range hogs in the areas I hunt follow the crop harvest. In June it was wheat fields. Right now they are starting to hit Milo fields. I'm thinking August it will be cornfields.