New digital line from pulsar at shot show.

JeremyV

LSB Member
Just got back from shot show and was really impressed with the new offering from pulsar they have a whole crop of 640 thermals but one thing I wasn't expecting was to see this little scope. It's called the sightline. It uses a 640x480 CMOS sensor and comes in several models. Runs on 4aa batteries that you load into a cartridge you can also get a rechargable battery cartridge that's supposed to get you 8 hours of use has wifi and internal video recording.
It looks like they decided to make a product similar to the atn x sight only that actually works. It's extremely light weight as well and waterproof.
MSRP is around $700.00

Should be perfect for a backup/loner rifle or those on a tight budget. Hopefully I'll get my hands on one soon and do a full review.

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
640x480 digital night vision. Not thermal.

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Well the X-sight after 2 years does finally work, got mine for $400, I think the gen2 are 599-699 so Pulsar will have a competitor for them, glad to hear it.

Pulsar says the 960 and 970 if this is what you are talking about is :
It is quite bulky; it weighs around 1.1 kg, is 112 mm long, 94 mm high and 340 mm wide.

The difference between the 960 and 970 models is the illuminator

I really like the Gen 1 3-12 Xsight, light and compact

Last edited:

JeremyV

LSB Member
Well the X-sight after 2 years does finally work, got mine for $400, I think the gen2 are 599-699 so Pulsar will have a competitor for them, glad to hear it.

Pulsar says the 960 and 970 if this is what you are talking about is :
It is quite bulky; it weighs around 1.1 kg, is 112 mm long, 94 mm high and 340 mm wide.

The difference between the 960 and 970 models is the illuminator

I really like the Gen 1 3-12 Xsight, light and compact
I owned both the original x-sight and the x-sight 2 and I'm pretty sure this pulsar is going to crush it.
It's much simpler to use much lighter and has a much more sensitive sensor. Has a rechargable battery pack that fits inside where the 4 AA batteries normally go. Has wifi and recorder built in like the xsight has no lag anywhere that I could find has a quick zoom from native 5x or 7x to 10x or 14x
Fully waterproof.
This is not the 960 or 970 it's the new sightline series. You should be able to see how compact it is in the video when I'm holding it.

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I have the 3-12 Gen 1 X-Sight and find the FOV not practical on the native 5-18 or whatever they are for our close ranges here in FL. If you are always looking 100yds away it would be OK but still the FOV is very narrow. I hope Pulsar does offer a native 3 or less or I cannot be a potential customer. I never use the WIFI or so a scope w reticle and recorder is all that interests me.GPS

JeremyV

LSB Member
I have the 3-12 Gen 1 X-Sight and find the FOV not practical on the native 5-18 or whatever they are for our close ranges here in FL. If you are always looking 100yds away it would be OK but still the FOV is very narrow. I hope Pulsar does offer a native 3 or less or I cannot be a potential customer. I never use the WIFI or so a scope w reticle and recorder is all that interests me.GPS
I agree with your conclusion on the xsight however fov is the issue not just magnification. I don't know the specs on this but it felt like it had a lot bigger field of view then the xsight when I get one of these in for a review I'll compaird the field of view and take some photos for you. With my 3x xsight I always try to zoom out more Only to realize I'm already on 3x.