New Canadian Gun Law! No more 25 round 10/22 Mags!

Canadianhoghunter

LSB Member
Hi everybody,

I know this only effects Canadian citizens. Basically I am writing this as a warning for our neighbours to the south.

This week, the Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP) has prohibited the use of all 25 round Ruger 10/22 magazines. In Canada Semi-auto rifles are pinned to a max of 5 rounds and semi-auto pistols to 10. Semi-auto rimfire rifles do not have a restrictions as they are not considered a hazard to public safety. Having said that since the 10/22 magazines can used in pistols like the Ruger Charger, the magazine must be pinned to 10 rounds. And when I mean pinned all that's needed is a rivet to stop the mag from allowing more than 10 rounds. Un-pinned mags can land you up to 10 years in prison for owning a prohibited device.

The RCMP have also called 2016 the "year of the magazine" and we are speculating they may be going after our STANAG mags to ban them completely. There is a loop-hole in our Firearms Act to legally allow 10 round pistol and 5 round .50 Beowulf (about 15 rounds 5.56) mags to be used in AR15s and other rifles that use the STANAG. If the STANAG was pinned to 5 rounds for use in rifles and pistols, this would be a crippling blow to the Canadian firearms community. But if the STANAG was completely prohibited, the AR15 and other rifles who use the same magazine would be reduced to being single shot firearms.

This is a backdoor method of taking away our firearms rights.

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
That sucks. Our anti-gun freaks are conspiring daily to take away our gun freedoms in the name of safety. It's a non stop fight to preserve our freedom and culture. Sorry to hear you are in the same boat.

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
The reason we have the right to own guns is to keep these very people from taking them.

Canadianhoghunter

LSB Member
That sucks. Our anti-gun freaks are conspiring daily to take away our gun freedoms in the name of safety. It's a non stop fight to preserve our freedom and culture. Sorry to hear you are in the same boat.

Ya. I heard about rifles with Bullet Buttons being considered Assault weapons in California now. Genericly its the same as this 10/22 fiasco where Liberal law makers who are un-educated about guns and how they work, make up a ridiculous gun law that they think protects the people. There was one Liberal senator who tried to pass a bill about 3 months ago where all Semi-autos would be stored in a 3rd party location, and would need to be tranfered by 3rd party personal to a Gun club, as it is the only safe place for a owner of a semi-auto to shoot it. Luckily it didn't get passed in our House of Commons.

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I hate liberal gun grabbers, it is OK to abort live babies but take away those evil guns