New addition to the family: DPMS LR-308

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
The upper is a DPMS LR-308 oracle upper with a Yankee Hill micro gas block and full length DPMS rifle length free floated hand guard. The barrel is a DPMS heavy 16 inch with the DPMS tactical flash guard. Lower is a CMMG Mk-8 that uses the HK G3 magazines which are way more inexpensive than the standard AR-10 mags. Also has a Magpul PRS stock and cool Ergo handgrip. Also have the original CMMG 6 pos stock with the carbine buffer and spring. Came w no ammo but 42 Mags, that is right 42. Scope in pic was not included.

Not sure if I am keeping or selling, it sure is nice!

Attachments

• 1887479.jpg
    1887479.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 17
  • 2678626.jpg
    2678626.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 12
  • 3369510.jpg
    3369510.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 11
  • 1061191.jpg
    1061191.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 15

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
Very cool Frank, didn't know they made a lower like that. I have a bunch of G3 mags fire my PTR G3.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Yeah Dave, it is built to be used w this DPMS upper specifically, very nice. It is 10lbs w/o the scope and bipod and with the carbine handguard.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Just got it 2 hrs ago and no ammo...LOL

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Very nice looking frank. Can't wait for a range report

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Thanks guys, put a red dot on it, ordered some ammo and will take it out to the range in a couple of weeks. Really not sure I will keep it, I guess time will tell.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nice find I am still looking for a good deal on the dpms recon. Everything I hear says DPMS is building good stuff these days!

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I bet I could make you a great deal!

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
OK put a red dot on it, changed things the way I would probably use it. what do you think, with all the spare parts to change it up and 42 mags?

Attachments

• PICT0578.JPG
    PICT0578.JPG
    169 KB · Views: 9
  • PICT0580.JPG
    PICT0580.JPG
    166.4 KB · Views: 7
  • PICT0582.JPG
    PICT0582.JPG
    169.5 KB · Views: 9
  • PICT0583.JPG
    PICT0583.JPG
    170.4 KB · Views: 6
  • PICT0584.JPG
    PICT0584.JPG
    168.3 KB · Views: 6
  • PICT0585.JPG
    PICT0585.JPG
    167.5 KB · Views: 7

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
No it is an oracle upper on a CMMG lower and 42 mags! 16" barrel, the DPMS line is similar so not sure the differences. I cannot ID the trigger but is very nice. First post has the details.

1956_4x4

Crestview, Florida
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nice score on the .308. If it were me, I'd keep the scope on it unless you are using it with some type of NV device. With my eyes the red dot would be a limiting factor for a caliber with such great potential. My next rifle will be chambered in .308, but it will be a bolt gun.

Smitty

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Yeah the scope did not come w the gun, so I put the red dot on, it was all I had but you are right I would need a scope.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
No it is an oracle upper on a CMMG lower and 42 mags! 16" barrel, the DPMS line is similar so not sure the differences. I cannot ID the trigger but is very nice. First post has the details.

Yes but I'm looking for a recon. Also want a lower that will take pmags!

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Gotcha, this just became available and I really did get a VERY good deal on it so could not pass it up no matter if I keep or sell.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
OK put a red dot on it, changed things the way I would probably use it. what do you think, with all the spare parts to change it up and 42 mags?

Are those 20 or 10 round mags?

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
20 Military surplus

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Here is the deal, 200 rds thru it, shot well, no issues at all. the upper is no dust cover or forward assist and it is $725, the lower for these mags is $468, then you have a $300 stock on it and a tac flash hider. 2 free float rails mid and carbine, the bipod and grip and 42 mags valued at $4 for $160 ea. Set up the way it is in the pic it is 10lbs about a 9 lb rifle before you add the stock.