LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Pretty cool looking.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
A new twist on the old "Buck-n-Ball" concept? +1 on it looks purdy/expensive.

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I couldn't find pricing for the 12 ga. But based on the pricing for other calibers, they weren't out of line with premium defense rounds.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Love that old school brass casing for them.

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Well, those old school brass cases are machined aluminum, according to the article, so apparently brass plated?

I have watched the OATH ammo videos. If the slugs are demo'd and perform like their pistol ammo, then it would be a NO BUY.

They make some slick videos with good production quality, but then showcase substandard testing practices and results.

The .45 Tango ammo fails to meet FBI penetration standards, but by golly it will out perform .45 ball ammo on a singular plastic milk jug of water. Their ammo is hell on fruit as well. These are not big selling points for self defense ammo, LOL.

Similarly, RIP ammo looks pretty darned cool as well, but performance was lackluster.
RIP2.jpg

The Ultimate Bullet?

It is something of a red flag for me when ammo is showcased based on its looks or when the comparisons or standards used are outdated. OATH's new shells are all machined aluminum and apparently will out perform the standard paper and plastic shells of WWI (100 years ago), WWII, and Vietnam (>40 years ago). Of course, today's plastic shells do a darned good job as well compared to products 4-10 decades in the past, LOL.

Of course, the only way to really know is to wait and see when it comes out if it actually has some verifiable performance abilities that make it worth the cost or if one's own standard SD/HD shotgun loads are still sufficient.