Need some help on timelines

Berenger80

Hey ya'll. I found a great place to hunt out here, a guy I met has 108 acres and gave me free range. I found a great little area with lots of recent activity, lots of bedding evidence, rutting evidence and a fresh water source. I've set up a nice over watch on the little opening in the woods and have been out about four times now. Twice early morning until about 1000 hrs and again from about 1400-1700 hrs (until dark). Granted I've only been out a few times but I haven't seen any hogs. Saw a Doe and two fawn, and a bunch of turkeys though. And a huge buck almost ran into my blind this evening. (They're all in a bind this weekend when season opens). : )

Anyway, if anyone could give me an idea as to what time of day/night they usually see the most hog activity I would greatly appreciate it. I do have night time capabilities, I just haven't been that motivated yet.

Thanks!

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Sounds like it's time to get night time motivated. LOL

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
You will see more hogs in the dark.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
cameras will tell you, gotta have cams.

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
If your hogs have mast like mine do right now, they are operating on their own schedule. Mine are avoiding the feeders and actually active during the day quite a bit. Hogs are diurnal animals based on their physiology, namely eyesight capabilities, but function quite well at night. So when they feel like they can operate freely in the daylight, that is when they prefer to operate. Otherwise, they tend to be more active after dark.

Do get a camera or cameras. Get a feeder as well. If you don't have mast for them to feed on, then the feeder will help anchor them and potentially have them coming more regularly.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I find hogs are very unpredictable compared to deer. But after saying that the first 2-3 hours after sunset and from 2am to sunrise is when I see the most hogs.

ppapago

Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
If you see a hog during the daytime its going to be at the crack of dawn or late twilight. Occasionaly they come out in the afternoons around 5pm, but this depends soley on how cold it is and hunting pressure.

After sun goes down is when they really start moving and feeding. A game camera or two would be a wise investment.

Aspp

Central California
SUS VENATOR CLUB
It really depends on how much pressure they are under also. Hunted hogs are going nocturnal, non-hunted/pressured hogs will be out and about as often as the temperature and weather allow.
That said, I bump hogs at all hours. I see them in the fields and traveling mostly early morning and at evening twilight, or ill jump them out of beds mid day in the think stuff. Durring summer I can usually catch some near a water trough between 10am and 1pm when the heat is cranking up.