Need help locating pickninny rail for Rem. 742 auto. rifles .243, 30-06

Ronnie243

I have purchased a Reap-Ir, with DLC-T Trijicon ACOG QD Picatinny Mount. I want to mount it on my Rem. Model 742 auto rifles. Does anyone know where I can possibly find rails to fit?

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter

pruhdlr

Cantonment,Fla.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
For that application I would lapp it to the guns receiver. Usually takes 20 minutes or so.
Then use BLUE LocTite on the screws or clear fingernail polish. --- pruhdlr

Ronnie243

Got the picninny mounted on Rem. 742. The Reap was too far forward to see threw, had to put rifle butt down low on my shoulder, considered cutting stock off. Took to a local gun maker, and he took the rail off, turned it around, and cut the excess off, now scope shoots fine.

Ronnie243

Well, it's kinda fine, now want to fine pickninny rail that has three more notches on the back, the rail with the scope mounted with only two screws holding rail & scope on the rifle is not a consistent shooter. I have shot up 3-boxes Federal 85 gr. bullets. Didn't want to go the AR-15 route, could probably by the top of the line for the cost of having a rail made to fit Rem. 742. Surely someone makes what I need. I bought these rails from Amazon, eBay has the same ones as for as length goes. Any ideas?

475/480

LSB Member
Here is my setup on a 7400 30-06 Auto, bought the pic rail at midway worked perfect on the Armasite 3x12x42.
Mounting was easy, very consistant shooter with Nosler 180gr PT at 2470 fps.

Attachments

• Goliad 7-18 002.jpg
    Goliad 7-18 002.jpg
    178.1 KB · Views: 6