My MOLLE Gear Belt: Custom Revolver Kydex Holster

lonepunman

LSB Active Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
(A continuing description of the gear I carry for night hunting)

I know you a lot of you boys are fond of toting the latest sleek polymer semiauto laser blasters, but I’ve always enjoyed strapping on my father’s 1960’s era .357 Colt Trooper.

It resides calmly on my hip, the intersection of personal history, dependability and fahrpahr.

But truth be told, the actual strapping has been a challenge since the get go. I’ve tried several different leather holsters, and none have provided the stability and accessibility essential when bonkin’ around the brush in the middle of the night.

So last month I decided to give a custom rig a whirl, and have been immensely satisfied with the result.

There’s a little shop out here in the Hill Country what makes all manner of highly useful Kydex goodies. For $90 and a three day turnaround, my fathers hogleg got a new home:

719E7049-B39A-46C4-A382-44E047BE099B.jpeg

13CF22D4-A735-4D43-AAEE-5281E4D12972.jpeg

2E34980E-D6EF-4FCB-9A30-D5B6D0342991.jpeg

0EB3F300-A2D1-416E-BC1A-D0B80855CEA5.jpeg

8602DC42-9755-4963-BF0F-E77D11828BA1.jpeg

$90 may seem a little steep to some, but a good leather holster is going to run at least $50, and I consider this a lifetime purchase.

Custom molded, strapless and no sway on the belt. My beast weighs over 2 1/2 pounds, yet will not shake loose, even when the belt is held upside down.

And...

They can build a variety of holsters that will fit many semis for both concealed and open carry.

Normally, I steer away from directly promoting a particular vendor, and have anyone interested PM me for the info. In this case, I’m not aware of a potential vendor conflict on the website.

Handmade here in the Lone Star State:

Hellbent Holsters

Custom Made Gun Holsters and Accessories | Hell-Bent Holsters

My MOLLE Gear Belt: Guide Pack | Lone Star Boars

My MOLLE Gear Belt: Night Tracking Pack | Lone Star Boars

My MOLLE Gear Belt: Medical Kit | Lone Star Boars

MOLLE Gear / Gun Belt Rig | Lone Star Boars

Last edited:

J BAR K

Just trying to make a day.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nice looking rig! Most of my LE career I carried a 1911. ( usually a Commander or Officers model) but there were times when I carried a .357 revolver. Never felt under gunned . Nice that you have your Dad’s gun. That’s cool.