My email regarding the proposed federal rules

Have you sent emails and letters to your state and federal representatives?

• Not going to send a letter or email

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

SC-Texas

Texas Gun Trust
Good Morning!
Bad news arrived this week. The Obama Administration announced sweeping gun control by executive order, bypassing congress and in normal democrat fashion, proposing a solution for which there is no problem!
I KNOW this is a long read, but this is very important to us and our community and our children. Please wade through everything and the links
Comments END: This article has a comment period that ends in 93 days (12/09/2013)
The new proposed rule was brought about by none other than some of our own, Machinegun collectors in the NFATCA proposed a rule to the Obama Administration claiming that corporations and Trusts needed more regulation. More on this later.
This is the Text of the rule: Proposed Federal Rule
The most often asked question over the past week has been:
Will this proposed regulation remove trusts as legal entities to own National Firearms Act firearms:
No. The definition of a person was defined by Congress and cannot be modified by an administrative agency. See 26 U.S.C. § 7701. This law defines the term person. "(1) Person.-The term 'person' shall be construed to mean and include an individual, a trust, estate, partnership, association, company or corporation.".
Trusts, corporations, LLCs and other legal fictitious entities remain valid entities for purposes of owning, possessing and holding National Firearms Act firearms.
However, if you cannot get a CLEO signoff, this new rule will essentially cut off your ability to purchase additional items regulated by the National Firearms Act.
What can We do About this?
COMMENT on the proposed rule. Have each person that is listed on your trust submit a comment. this means that EACH Settlor, trustee and beneficiary that can write should submit a comment on the proposed rule at the link above.
Further, EACH person listed on your trust should contact his or her senators, congressional representatives and state representatives and alert them that the Obama Administration is attempting to bypass congress and usurp congressional power by executive legislation. Remind them that congress rejected additional anti 2nd Amendment legislation and Obama is thwarting the will of the people and congress.
NOTE. DO NOT SIMPLY send the FCIG sample letters which are linked below. I AM ASKING that you thoroughly review the sample letter.
I AM ASKING that you modify it. Explain your circumstances and background and situation.
I AM ASKING that you discuss how this proposed rule, if enacted, would effect you. Please personalize the letter with examples fro your life.
If you have a prior relationship with your elected representatives, Please take the time to contact them directly and speak to them.
I AM ASKING YOU TO NOTE that Form letters have very little impact on our Representatives.
It is imperative that everyone who is a member of a trust or corporation (including officers, managing members, Settlors, trustees, contingent trustees and beneficiaries ALL take the time to educate our elected representatives regarding this rule/
I AM ASKING that each of you, my clients and friends, and the members of your trusts make the elected representatives aware that EACH OF YOU took time and effort in preparing the letters and emails and that EACH OF YOU expect a coherent and thoughtful response.
I AM ASKING that EACH OF YOU be VERY clear to all of your Representatives that you are their constituent and their decision on this matter will have an effect on the next election cycle.
Federal Elected Representatives:
Locate the name and contact information for your Federal Senator here:
http://www.senate.gov/general/contact_information/senators_cfm.cfm
You can download a sample copy of the letter FICG has prepared for Senators HERE- Word Document format letter
Locate the name and contact information for your Federal Representatives here:
http://www.house.gov/representatives/
You can download a sample copy of the letter FICG has prepared for House Representatives HERE is the word document format letter
State Elected Representatives:
I believe that it is also important to contact Governor Perry and your state representatives and senators. It became legal to hunt with suppressors in the state of Texas in September of 2012.
This executive rule by Obama is subverting the will of the people of the state of Texas and the legislators of the state of Texas.
Your Texas representatives may be located here by typing in your address.
Find your Texas elected officials
Governor Rick Perry is very concerned about this rule as he is an avid hunter and National Firearms Act owner. Please contact his office here:
Phone: (512) 463-5739
Email: GCPD@gov.texas.gov
Fax: (512) 463-5745
You can download a sample copy of the letter FICG has prepared for your State Representatives and Officials here. Letter to State representative and Gov. Perry here Please modify this letter as necessary so we do not look illiterate.
CLEO Signoff:I ask EVERYONE to do a couple of things regarding the CLEO signoff. Please take the time to go in person to the sheriff and chief of police and ask them to sign a form 4 for each of you. Email the agencies and ask them if they sign off on form 4s. When they refuse, note the person you talked to and the date and time of the rejection. Include this in your comments.
Once your CLEO refuses to sign off for you and each person on your corporation, LLC, Family Limited Partnership and or Trust, Please download this letter and modify as needed and submit to the ATF. Here is the CLEO Denial Letter in Word format
3. FFLs: Guys, we need to fight this for our customers, clients and our business. We need to discuss the economic impact of this ruling: Letter to the ATF for FFLS
Joshua Prince and the FICG has provided these initial letters and he succinctly stated "As you can see, if the National Firearms Act community stands together, in solidarity, we can successfully oppose ATF’s new initiative and ensure that our grandchildren still have the same rights and protections that we currently enjoy."
National Firearms Act Trust Facebook page:
If you have a Facebook account, Please check this page out and join the page as a "Friend".
I am using this page to communicate interesting news to everyone. I am still trying to get more traffic on this page.
Please add it as a friend if you have an account on facebook.
Texas Gun Trust Facebook Page

SC-Texas

Texas Gun Trust
I am using Joshua Prince's letters.

He has done a great job with the intital correspondence.

Last edited:

SC-Texas

Texas Gun Trust
I am asking for comments on the above.

If you can think of anything I missed, Please let me know.

I will be adding the proposed comments for the rule shortly.

ppapago

Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Sean,

Any word on what will happen to pending applications if this ruling passes?