My biggest boar! 320 pounds!

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
This was a few weeks back but I never shared it here. Killed 18 over the weekend most with the IR laser shooting from a UTV. It was great fun!

But to the meat of the story! This big boy was out in the middle of a hay field when I spotted him he was with another hog. They were both so large I thought they were cows at first.

A dust storm had blown in and there was cloud cover so had to use The IR illuminator. Stalked to about fifty yards one shot 120sst to the neck and he was DRT. The other hog disappeared in the dust he was just as big!

The pic just doesn't do him justice.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Now that is a nasty looking boar! BOOM, DRT

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Would have made a good number 1000

rgilbert

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I have yet to break the 300 pound mark. Good job!

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I've killed two over 300 out of 960 hogs both of the 300 pounders were in the last year!

rgilbert

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Yep. I've noticed alot of people who think their hog is 300 is usually around 220 to 230. They can't believe it when you put them on the scale. I've actually had some argue that my scale was off. With the number of hogs you have killed, do the math. Unless your under high fence that raises them it's very hard to get one over 300.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Yes I quit telling most people how much they weighed. They see the pic and say wow that's the biggest hog I've ever seen how much did it weigh?!?! When you tell them 280-290 they say ohh hes not that big my second cousin kills 400 and 500 pound hogs all the time. LMAO

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
A guy up by dade city was going around telling people of the 10 or so large 600 pound Russian boars on his property. I guess someone shot one and showed him, he agreed it was his big 600 pounder. When hung up to be weighed it was 290

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
A guy up by dade city was going around telling people of the 10 or so large 600 pound Russian boars on his property. I guess someone shot one and showed him, he agreed it was his big 600 pounder. When hung up to be weighed it was 290
It's amazing how big a 290 pound hog is!

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
we killed a 247 and 270 on our lease last year, the largest of the 40 we killed, very difficult to even find them that size any more. Now 5-6 years ago when they were not hunted much you could find them easier...and there was a weighed 500 and 600 lb hogs taken, they both looked the size of a pickup truck

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Yeah, I have seen the 300 pounders and they are absolutely huge. People can't judge size well so they are all 600 pounds

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Hogs are so compact and dense it makes it hard to judge weight. Great job TLM. Shooting hogs from a UTV with a laser sounds awesome!

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
does that mean i am lighter than people think i am when they see me?

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I may move then...LOL

Vern1

Pettytown, TX
SUS VENATOR CLUB
That's a pretty nice sized pig right there.

Years ago my parents raised a few pigs and had a couple of monster slop fed boars.
Butterbean was 415 when we sold him and he had fat rolls on his fat rolls.
I haven't seen anything that big in the wild but have seen a few that I thought were cows at first.

As dry as it is here right now, everything is lighter this year and more so after the last few summers.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nuttin' sweeter than a Pop-Flop... especially on a porker that sized ! Well done there Kemosabe.