mounting thermal further back on bolt action

Dusty

Hey, thats a fact jack
I need to mount a thermal scope zuess pro further back on a bolt action. The rifle has a milled out pin rail on top of action. I am about 3 inches from scope. I would like to have the scope mounted further back so my eye touched the rubber eye piece. Does anybody have suggestions.

Wildfowler

Mis'sippi
SUS VENATOR CLUB
A friend of mine showed up with a ruger American topped with a Zeus pro 100 last night. His plan is to shorten the stock a bit.

Not really ideal but it should work.

Dusty

Hey, thats a fact jack
A friend of mine showed up with a ruger American topped with a Zeus pro 100 last night. His plan is to shorten the stock a bit.

Not really ideal but it should work.
Yes that is an option. I bought this rifle with a cool stock with a cheek piece . their is a have a good Gun Smith down the road but is expensive. Im just going to bring it to him. Let you know what we do. Money , Money, Money. Just bought a primos triop and a mojo decoy.
I got the zuess pro 640 100mm delevered on August 25th.

Dusty

Hey, thats a fact jack
I would suggest something like a rail extension. 6" Rail Extension

Shortening the stock is good. I like a shorter pull anyway, but if you don't want to actually modify the gun permanently, then a rail extension would be a good idea.
I also like a shorter lenght of pull. I might shorten the stock. Thanks for your reply getting these quick responses saves time surfing the net.

rgilbert

LSB Active Member
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Someone besides Brian still shoots a bolt gun with thermal? LOL

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter

customcutter

LSB Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I would suggest a piece of 6 or 9" rail as well and drill it to match the taped holed on the receiver. One thing to check is that you have enough clearance for the objective lens. Especially if it is the 75 or 100mm lens. If you are doing it yourself remember you have to countersink the screw heads, don't clearance drill them all the way through.

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
If you don't want to cut up a good gun stock you can have your shoulder surgically moved back a bit. They do surgery on everything else these days.

Dusty

Hey, thats a fact jack
Ya I got a bolt gun its a little quieter with my suppressor. Going to get an AR after income tax. Talking about surgery, I was in Central America in May and broke my leg. I had to have surgery when i got back to florida. My accident policy paided for my thermal.

Last edited:

customcutter

LSB Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Ya I got a bolt gun its a little quieter with my suppressor. Going to get an AR after income tax. Talking about surgery, I was in Central America in May and broke my leg. I had to have surgery when i got back to florida. My accident policy paided for my thermal.
I've had 4 or 5 surgeries, they never said a thing about buying me a thermal. Maybe I need to change policies....