Mosquitoes and bugs, how to keep them away..NEW Product

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I am sure we all use Thermacells and they are great w no wind and sitting still. I have probably used every spray known to man and some work ok some not so good and some not at all. I do have head nets and bug suits too(boy are they hot!).

Any way Cactus Juice helps with the yellow flies here, they are a terrible bite too! I hate deet as it destroys everything it touches and poisons you too. Sawyers and the home made using pyrethins sorta works and eucalyptus oil is soso.

I ran across this stuff and have it on order, they are also developing a disk to wear keeping bugs away up to 48 hrs and that should be out soon. This is not just another made up product, the Bill Gates Foundation is behind the company and it is a scientific development. I cannot wait for the disk but wanted to try this as well.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01JTJA7EG/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

717eBiU97gL._SY500_.jpg

About the Product
  • A proven-effective, patent-pending, DEET-free mosquito repellent made from botanical active ingredients
  • Up to 4 hours protection against mosquitoes*
  • Third-party validated efficacy data
  • With Kite, They Don't Bite!™
Kite Shield’s patent-pending formula works by targeting mosquitoes’ sensing receptors - the part of the insect that guides them towards a food source. Our synergistic blend of botanical active ingredients confuses the receptors and creates a barrier on the skin. All you have to do is spray Kite Shield on your skin and the mosquito-blocking shield of protection goes to work. Kite Shield makes you virtually invisible - if they can’t find you, they can’t bite you! Kite Shield has not been registered by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). It qualifies for exemption from registration under the Federal Insecticide, Fungicide and Rodenticide Act (FIFRA). *Up to 4 hours protection against Culex quinquefasciatus, up to 2 hours against Aedes aegypti and up to 90 minutes against Anopheles quadrimaculatus mosquitoes. This product cannot be shipped to the states of South Dakota and Connecticut.

pruhdlr

Cantonment,Fla.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Hmmmmmm . . . . sounds good but wondering why it cannot be shipped to two states. --- pruhdlr

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter

Homebrewer

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good heads up there - thanks Frank!

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
as soon as the patch/disk is available I will update this and after I try the spray!

Drift

LSB Member
Will be worth trying. I dont like DEET on my skin, I think I may be allergic it. This nes stuff says it smells sweet, maybe the hogs will like it. I love the idea of patches.

Bacon8tor

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I've put up with the mosquitos just because the OFF smells so strong and I don't want it to run off the hogs faster than my BO does.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Doesn't look like it does anything for chiggers and ticks. Bummer. :(

Yeah not sure what the final product will look like, hopefully all the things that attack us will at least be slowed down. I use sawyers on my clothes for ticks and chiggers now and don't have to treat my skin.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Something other than DEET sure would be nice. It works, but, is vile stuff.