Monocular for hog hunting, what do you use?

fanninland

LSB Active Member
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Dax, looking forward to your impressions of the Q14, and seeing some video!

wigwamitus

LSB Active Member
dax,
please let us know when u actually receive the unit ... some of us are waiting for Armasight to tell us when units are actually shipping and haven't gotten an answer yet.
Thanks,
Joe

Ncorry

LSB Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter

Ncorry

LSB Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
The price on that ATN unit Brian posted above has gone way down on Amazon to under $2,900 ...

http://www.amazon.com/ATN-OTS-X-Monocular-320x240-E370/dp/B00CQUAFUM/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1422065252&sr=8-2&keywords=atn thermal ots

A 75mm lens 320-240 format ... 60hz ... for under $3k ... not shabby !!

Holy FOV- 4.5 degrees. 6 power viewer. Could pick up the 14mm lens for 1x for another $500 though. The list price on just the interchangeable 70mm lens is $2,100.

wigwamitus

LSB Active Member
Wow- at first anyway. I think that just plugs into an actual thermal unit, but isn't a stand-alone thermal imager. I don't see an objective lens.
I'm sure you are correct ... that explains those funny words and phrases in the product description ... this is NOT a full unit !!! Ok, scratch that one off the list ... thanks!!!

dax2323

Boerne TX
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
dax,
please let us know when u actually receive the unit ... some of us are waiting for Armasight to tell us when units are actually shipping and haven't gotten an answer yet.
Thanks,
Joe
was told 2 weeks at shot show....said they are ready to ship after firmware installed....im not holding my breath or lining up any big hunts...let you know when it ships

wigwamitus

LSB Active Member
was told 2 weeks at shot show....said they are ready to ship after firmware installed....im not holding my breath or lining up any big hunts...let you know when it ships

Hey dax, any update? Some of us are sitting on the edges of our chairs waiting to see if either of the helmet mountable thermals will actually start shipping this year. **** had been showing "FEB" for the ir-patrol and they just changed it to "MAR" ... so they pushed out. So have you received the Q-14 yet? I think I'd rather go with the Q-14, but if they aren't shipping can't go.

dax2323

Boerne TX
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
talked to armasight on monday, said they will ship "within two weeks"without the manuals. Then the rep said we have your PVS14 bravo in stock...we are gonna send you the alpha ($250 upgrade) at no additional charge and ship it free...so i got that on thursday. Friend talked to them this week as well, told him they have all the units ready to ship but are waiting on the manuals to be printed. Said they would ship um without the manual if you want. Be another week or two if you wait for the manual. I emailed them and said ship it ASAP. I will say this about Armasight, the customer service has been excellent...if they say they are gonna do something, it gets done. let you know as soon as the thermals show up. Sold my other thermal and have been "thermaless" for a month,,, starting to get a lil antsy.

wigwamitus

LSB Active Member
I heard a rumor today that the new Apollo Pro thermal clipons are starting to ship Friday.

@Dax, any word on the q-14s ???

dax2323

Boerne TX
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
they said last week that "the rest of my order" would ship within two weeks....its an Apollo pro and a Q14. let you know as soon as I get word.

dax2323

Boerne TX
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
got an email today and my friend called them as well.... both orders ship next week.

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
you are not a little excited are you?

dax2323

Boerne TX
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
yup....next to a house and a car, this is the next highest priced item I've ever bought. can't wait to put the apollo in front of my schmidt and bender. There will be a video of a 500 yd thermal hog kill. Might make up my own patch for it, be a very exclusive club