miket intro and short background

miket

Plantersville, TX
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Just want to say hi. Been hunting all my life, mostly bowhunting the last 8-10yrs. Love spot and stalking pigs but as my kids are getting older bowhunting has been taking a backseat to the rifle again, especially with the kids. Last couple of years I have been working on a digital NV scope and have flat fallen in love with shooting pigs at night, especially during the summer. Keaton Skidmore turned me on to this site when I hunted with him a week or so ago. Looking forward to contributing and learning more....and someday being able to afford thermal!

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Welcome to ya. Good bowl of mixed (up) nuts here.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Welcome, and glad to have you.

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Welcome! Your buddy has been killing some nice hogs...we expect pictures now. Especially if they are funny colored inside.

Lancer

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Welcome, what part of the world are you hunting?

miket

Plantersville, TX
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Thanks guys, I live near Plantersville ( TX of course ), have a lease near Victoria and another between Plantersville and Magnolia. When I hunted with Keaton I was way up there in Wichita Falls. I have pics and a few videos I will post over time.

Thanks

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Welcome to the site. We are planning a member meet and greet in October. Would be nice to see you there.

customcutter

LSB Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good to see you over here Mike. I thought you knew about the site. I probably shouldn't mention this but you know that you can purchase cores? I think the problem is still lens though, and the savings aren't that much IMO.

Welcome to the site, again.

miket

Plantersville, TX
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Customcutter, No I didnt know that! ( sorry, got excited ). I will look into it!

customcutter

LSB Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Mike, I saw the cores on the Night Vision UK forum. If you need any help finding them let me know. I think he had 640 and 320 cores.

Guys, I'll let Mike post his video and pics, but he built his own NV scope and IMO it's better than the one I don't mention anymore. LOL. It doesn't autodim, and I know of several kill video's that he has posted on another forum using it.

miket

Plantersville, TX
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Mike, I saw the cores on the Night Vision UK forum. If you need any help finding them let me know. I think he had 640 and 320 cores.

Guys, I'll let Mike post his video and pics, but he built his own NV scope and IMO it's better than the one I don't mention anymore. LOL. It doesn't autodim, and I know of several kill video's that he has posted on another forum using it.

Thanks! I appreciate the kind words!

Jake

Bandera, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Welcome sir, great place here.

miket

Plantersville, TX
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Can yall see my pics yet? ^ It says my pic needs to be approved by a mod.

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I think you have to join, it's like $20/year. It also puts you in a drawing to win a chance to look at blue pigs. Not Bad!

miket

Plantersville, TX
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I think you have to join, it's like $20/year. It also puts you in a drawing to win a chance to look at blue pigs. Not Bad!

Looks like I have a lot to learn here because I dont know what the heck you are talking about ! ;)