Might have to try this

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
on some hogs.....

Been wanting an HK 91 clone for awhile so I picked up a PTR-91. This is the KF model which is 16" and has the machined aluminum handguard and setup for the use of picatinny rails. Will get the HK scope mount and slap something on it and give the .308 a chance at some hogs this winter:

151915054.jpg

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Awesome! I so wish my Colt LE901 would come in ordered it first of January :(

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
yea that will be nice, I already have two other .308's, a 20' I built with a mega billet upper and lower and a 16" POF P308

Wassman

Houston, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Made in the US to boot. Nice

I have been eyeballing a PTR for some time now.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
looks good, what does it weigh?

pruhdlr

Cantonment,Fla.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I have had a HK91 for some years now so I will try to be objective. The PTR 91's are great guns. The are the AK of the 7.62X51 battle rifle world. Arguably some would say the FN/FAL is though.

These guns will feed and eject anything. I do believe that they have a fluted chamber like the HK91's do also. The brass coming outta mine is somewhat reloadable........if you can find it. My brass comes out super fast,with a loud "PING" and it is just a blur. The good part is........if you are firing from the same position it is usually in a 3' circle.

As stated above,these are heavy guns. Somewhat short and blocky feeling. After you've had on for awhile and taken it apart several times you will grow to be in awe of the designer. The mechanics are absolutely brilliant.

I have all the accessories with mine. Back in the day you could actually meander through Quality Parts,(which later became Bushmaster)when they were down in Portland, Maine,and pick the stuff you wanted that was in bins and go checkout at the front desk. You could also find parts for AR's,AK,s,FN's,and stuff to build a combat type shotgun. And this was before the term "TACTICAL" was added to everything form scopes to socks.

If you want a sturdy,shoot anything,combat accurate 7.62, grab up one of these. For hogs at the close to med-close ranges, these guns would be great. ---- pruhdlr

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Those things are TANKS! They run forever, but guard your ear drums well. They are LOUD!

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Awesome! I so wish my Colt LE901 would come in ordered it first of January :(
A guy at work ordered one up too. He's still waiting. Love the concept of it.

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
on some hogs.....

Been wanting an HK 91 clone for awhile so I picked up a PTR-91. This is the KF model which is 16" and has the machined aluminum handguard and setup for the use of picatinny rails. Will get the HK scope mount and slap something on it and give the .308 a chance at some hogs this winter:

151915054.jpg
It sure looks sweet. Does it kick much? More than and AR10 or about the same?

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Those things are TANKS! They run forever, but guard your ear drums well. They are LOUD!
That means they are piston guns.